Thread: NOX Talk

NOX Talk

Hi guys

Im trying to remember what High NOX indicates. I just got back from emission test and my NOX is 3 xs what it was last year. (after looking at last years report.)

The mod this van has is a "Gadgetman Grove" in the Throttle body. While my HC are much lower 4-8 PPM ( from 30ppm) the NOX is 1250ppm (from 350, last years numbers).

If i remember right doesn't High NOX mean high combustion temp & the timing could be retarded?
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."

Hey Roland,
    Yeah, high combustion temps and advanced, rather than retarded timing.. If the GM groove is working, then you're getting the swirl to your intake air and it's mixing your fuel charge better for a better more complete (hotter) burn. Throw a light on it and see where the timing is, as that's most likely the real culprit... I can't see the groove actually doing anything more than just making a slightly better mix on your intake charge though. Good to hear from you again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Roland,

Incorporate a vacuum system water injection, with Gus suggestion I built one to test on the wife's Town Car. She came home after hair cut and bragged how her car runs 10X better and faster. Now she it running my system and a vacuum water injection system I put together.

Sounds good guys,

The GM groove dose make a big difference in the exhaust gases Hydrocarbons down, CO way down. that in itself says it is going doing something. Unfortunately it does not always mean better fuel economy, you still run into computer issues IMO. At least on the 3 vehicles i tried it on. I did have some gains of 15 % but it did not last, It is not as straight forward as i was hoping for. i really need to replace the bad knock sensors on 2 of those vehicles to fairly test it's effects.

Been working on a energy device that has had some very promising results. I hope to have some very amazing OU results to share shortly.

Very cool, man.. Now you're talking about my very most favoritist thing. Can't wait to see what you've done. I've been slowly gathering bits and parts for my own foray into that arena. Tesla, Plauson & Moray are my heros...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Roland, the number one suspect on the list is your catalytic converter. Number 2 on the list would be an O2 sensor. Both wear out and need to be changed every so often. It is interesting that your grooves are actually giving you an increase in mileage. This was very popular when I was in collage and I had my carb grooved but the result was just quicker of the line and a loss in mileage most likely be cause I was punching it all the time. Of course that is what I wanted. Who cared about the mileage at 28 cents a gallon. Think about it a dollar of gas would get you to school everyday for a week. LOL You also have to remember I was only making $1.50 an hour. 1949 Chevy 2 dr. fastback. Cool light car, wish I still had it.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Very cool Roland, keep on plugging. Need more info on the high energy devise though.

"D"

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
    Very cool Roland, keep on plugging. Need more info on the high energy devise though.

"D"
    When i have something good, with complete details to tell you, i will. but it is not going to be "high" energy if i get 200 watts out of the first one i'll be ecstatic.