Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member///New install

Talking New Member///New install

Well Hi everyone im new here and new to HHO so please excuse any silly questions

Ok here goes....I have just installed a 21 plate dry cell unit along with a pwm & a amp meter
    Forgot to say its on a Ford transit 2.5 diesel non turbo recovery truck (weight 2.5 Ton)
    I first installed it without the pwm & amp meter as the company i bought the Dry cell from said no need for pwm just run it straight (ie full power all the time) opps forgot to say it has a small copper coil to aid with cooling.
    So first test run of 1 hour (with no pmw or amp meter) first thing i noticed was how smooth the engine sounded & also how little pedal i had to give her to move along in very low gear.
    ok so back to yard and check over time.......
    cables all ok
    hho cell warm-hot

ok so now 2nd test

fit pwm & amp meter
    Now to switch on and see what happens

I put the pwm on max (its a 30a model)
    it read 10a cold going up to 16a after about 45 min

So now its time for a test run for MPG test...(before install of HHO mileage was 27-30 mpg)

ok so i hope i did this bit correct......i turned the pwm down until it was reading alternating readings ( 2-17-1-18- etc etc) checked that it was still putting HHO through system and off we go with a full tank (up to the lip)

I kept a steady 50-55 miles an hour and kept my foot held steady on the gas peddle

Did a 100 mile round trip (up and down inclines etc)

Returned and filled her back up to the lip

all system felt very cool

Did the maths...........result 42 mpg

So if any of you guys can tell me if i have done things correct let me know or can i improve things even more.

any advice more so on the pwm best settings please do so

Forgot to say im using KOH

T-Man,
    Congratulations on your excellent results, and welcome to the forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by BioFarmer93 View Post
    T-Man,
    Congratulations on your excellent results, and welcome to the forum.
    Well thank you

Next project is the wife's Dodge caliber 2.0ltr petrol ....jeez 23 mpg if you dont touch the gas and just push it

Not to sound discouraging but the caliber may not be so successful so quickly... It seems like anything with spark plugs and a computer is almost more trouble than it's worth (from my point of view only) but there are plenty of gas guys here that are working through it and seeing success.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

T man, I have a few questions. Since this engine it not sold in the US I am not familiar with it. Does it have electronic fuel injection? If it does have electronic fuel injection what sensors does it have? Example MAP/MAF, O2, etc. On your test run which gave you good mileage what amperage was it running at? Do you feel any increase of HP at any rpm. I would be very interested if it maintains this good mileage over time. Now if it is mechanical fuel injection that is a different cup of tea. Either way you might be able to squeeze more out of it. One last question is what size are your plates? Keep us posted. Excellent work and welcome.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    T man, I have a few questions. Since this engine it not sold in the US I am not familiar with it. Does it have electronic fuel injection? If it does have electronic fuel injection what sensors does it have? Example MAP/MAF, O2, etc. On your test run which gave you good mileage what amperage was it running at? Do you feel any increase of HP at any rpm. I would be very interested if it maintains this good mileage over time. Now if it is mechanical fuel injection that is a different cup of tea. Either way you might be able to squeeze more out of it. One last question is what size are your plates? Keep us posted. Excellent work and welcome.
    Hi
    This is just a straight no fuss no electronic sensors good old diesel. I set it all up before i did the test run for best setting (long hose off the HHO out into bucket of water and played with pwm until the lowest setting could maintain a good strong stream).......I found that the pwm feeds it with a variable amp ie it changes very quick 1.2 a..7.3a..2.8 etc etc.....(system runs very very cool) I have it mounted behind front grill with a heat sink copper coil above......The HP was the first thing i noticed as it responds so much smoother with lots of extra torque with less throttle. The cell is Quad 7 plate design, a total of 28 plates configured +NN-NN+ . I am going to try adding a little more KOH and see if i can get a little extra out of it due to the fact it is running so cool......if it fails and runs too hot i will just drain it down and start again.

Great results and very encouraging for those of us just a short distance behind your install.
    Did you buy or build your cell form a kit?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael30.06 View Post
    Great results and very encouraging for those of us just a short distance behind your install.
    Did you buy or build your cell form a kit?
    Hi
    I researched for 2 years on HHO and like most read more "it dont work " & its a scam etc etc but then again anyone can buy Bricks sand & cement but not everyone can build a wall (you get my point).............and so i bought a kit from vada energy but i bought a amp meter & pwm as i wanted more control over the kit. Al the components i bought from Ebay & took me just under 2 hours to fit from start to finish .
    I would say to anyone dont put it off give it a go but get all your components together and launch yourself into the install

T Man, Does your pump have the ability to retard the injection timing by 1 to 1.5 degrees. If it does you should try this. You will then be able to inject more HHO and get even better performance and mileage.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    T Man, Does your pump have the ability to retard the injection timing by 1 to 1.5 degrees. If it does you should try this. You will then be able to inject more HHO and get even better performance and mileage.
    I will have to look into that......I hope it does lol.....im more than happy how its gone but why settle for silver if you can have gold

Is the injection timing something you have done myoldyourgold ?