Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ignition time

Ignition time

Forum hello!
    I have a question about ignition time.
    In my car i use the scangauge2 to see ecu data.
    Before use HHO the igniton time when my car idle it was +10 or +15 degrees advance.
    I have electronic control ignition time.No manual.
    When i use HHO tha ignition time drop to -6 or -8 dregrees.
    This is correct?What happend and the ignition retard at idle?
    I have to inform you my car idle perfect and sound very very quiet!like no ignition!
    I have connect the HHO also in vaccum line of inlet manifold and before butterfly(2 outputs).

Thanks.
    HYDROGEN POWER

Stam525, Your report is very interesting. Can you tell us if the vacuum port you are using has high vacuum at idle or low vacuum at idle. Also can you measure the vacuum with a vacuum gauge. If you do not have one it is OK. More important is if there is high vacuum at idle or not. Thank you and welcome.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    Stam525, Your report is very interesting. Can you tell us if the vacuum port you are using has high vacuum at idle or low vacuum at idle. Also can you measure the vacuum with a vacuum gauge. If you do not have one it is OK. More important is if there is high vacuum at idle or not. Thank you and welcome.
    Thanks for welcome!
    It is low vacuul.It is the vacuum goes from cylinder head cover to inlet manifold.
    The presure is low when idle.I have test it!
    HYDROGEN POWER

What is preventing the HHO from going into the valve cover? It the original pvc valve there? Some valve covers have to ports. You need to be very careful using that port. Be safe. I am still digesting how timing could possibly change with just the addition of HHO. What type of vehicle is this on?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

Wouldn't it be likely that the anti knock sensor retarded the timing to the that point?

stam525, what kind of electrolyzer are you using?
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post
    Wouldn't it be likely that the anti knock sensor retarded the timing to the that point?

stam525, what kind of electrolyzer are you using?
    I would agree with Roland. The hho burn may be interpreted by the ecu as pre ignition or knock. Timing is then retarded until knock is no longer detected.
    This is what I believe is happening.

I experienced the same with several newer cars I installed a system on, when the system in leaned out and pre-ignition is detected the ECU will adjust timing accordingly, hence if you want to keep the timing and gain more incorporating water injection is added bonus. I am currently testing the Infinity with this approach. thanks to Gus I got turned on with water injection process. testing the Infitiny for 1k miles before I can report how the performance gain and mpg.

dear friends
    At cold start the ignition time is +15
    When the engine warm and tha HHO produce more gas the ignition time goes down in retard mode -6 but the engine works perfect without knocking or idle problems and sound very quiet!
    The vacuum is not in cover of cylinder head now.I make some other vacuum for that work.This vacuum was the cover but now i have send it in some other possition of manifold.
    This problem happend only in idle condition.When car running the ignition goes to the maximum result +30 +35 +40 at steady pedal position.
    I have to inform you i haven't EFIE or CHIP but my L sensor reads correct the mixture.no lean.
    I don't know what is going on with that car!It is opel corsa c 2003mod 1400cc
    i give 0,8lpm HHO with Naoh electrolyte at 16 amps and temperature gas 40c celsium.My electrolyzer is drycell 11plates 2holes per cell.All meassure are with professional tools electronics.
    One more tip is when i have connect the second output in vacuum this happend with the ignition.Before i was only one output in inlet near the butterfly the ignition works correct at +10or+15 at idle condition.
    My gain is the same 1 or 2 outputs it's the same about results!
    Thanks!
    HYDROGEN POWER

Now if I understand this correctly the HHO is going into two ports. One is low vacuum or none at idle and high vacuum at higher rpm. The other is going in before the throttle body. What I see is happening is at idle when there is little to no vacuum on the vacuum port more HHO will possibly be going through the throttle body or both are equal this might depend on the actual fitting size. When rpm increases and vacuum increased then most if not all the HHO is going in the vacuum port.

With no electronics then the only way timing can change will be by the knock sensor. Why it does not change at idle is there is no load and no knock so timing stays close to stock.

Are you have any mileage gains? Is there any change in engine operating temperature? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    Now if I understand this correctly the HHO is going into two ports. One is low vacuum or none at idle and high vacuum at higher rpm. The other is going in before the throttle body. What I see is happening is at idle when there is little to no vacuum on the vacuum port more HHO will possibly be going through the throttle body or both are equal this might depend on the actual fitting size. When rpm increases and vacuum increased then most if not all the HHO is going in the vacuum port.

With no electronics then the only way timing can change will be by the knock sensor. Why it does not change at idle is there is no load and no knock so timing stays close to stock.

Are you have any mileage gains? Is there any change in engine operating temperature? Thanks
    Hi! Sorry but my English is not good and maybe you don't understand me! In hho
    reservoir i have 2 outputs. One goes to low vacuum and the other at throtle body. When the engine idle the low vacuum takes the hho gas,when run the vacuum close and all gas goes to throtle body. For now with that connection i have no difference in fuel economy but i have a smoother engine and more powerfull at low rpm. Do you suggest me to take some EFIE ? Or CHIP VOLO is better? I have no changes at L sensors the voltage works at stoich 0,45 volt.Do you know if this retard in my ignition is good or bad for the engine?
    HYDROGEN POWER