Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ignition time

Do you know if this retard in my ignition is good or bad for the engine?
    This is good when using HHO.

Is there vacuum at the port you are using at idle. I thought there was no vacuum at idle or maybe very very little. You really do not need any HHO at idle. It takes more HP to make the needed amps than any possible gain at idle. My reactors turns off at idle automatically with a switch on the throttle body. At idle the ratio of HHO to air to fuel is much more than when running and this cause the ECM to change the trims making them go richer.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Today i use a volo chip but the ignition is the same.
    i will test it with the chip and inform you for results or any gain!
    The volo says i must drive for 150klm for best results. so we must wait!
    HYDROGEN POWER

Dear friends hello!
    I have verry good news!The volo chip works perfect!Today i had a big trip 400klm and the results are.....
    Before with hho only, i had 7,8l/100klm at highway with 80klm/h average speed.
    Now with chip and hho i have 6,5l/100klm at highway with 100klm/h average speed!!!
    It's 16% more gain with chip!Maybe if i had lower average speed with chip the results goes to 20%.
    This results are unbeleavable!!!
    I'm verry happy with volo chip,the car works perfect without problems.The ignition is the same -6 but i don't have some problem!

The total gain with HHO and VOLO CHIP are 35%!!!!unbeleavable!!!!
    thanks
    HYDROGEN POWER

This is good!! Volo does work on some cars but not on others. You are one of the lucky ones.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

Dear friends hello
    The problem with ignition time is gone!
    I fix the problem!
    I change gas station!!!!!!!!!!
    The problem was something easy and we don't think!!!!!
    The gas quality was the problem,when i was fill in another gas station the ignition change now to +6.
    If i will empty this tank and refill with new gas i will see the new ignition results!!
    Thanks for all
    HYDROGEN POWER

Quote Originally Posted by stam525 View Post
    Dear friends hello
    The problem with ignition time is gone!
    I fix the problem!
    I change gas station!!!!!!!!!!
    The problem was something easy and we don't think!!!!!
    The gas quality was the problem,when i was fill in another gas station the ignition change now to +6.
    If i will empty this tank and refill with new gas i will see the new ignition results!!
    Thanks for all
    That may very well be the reason. However it would still have to do with knock being detected.

I would be interested if your gain is still there. Can you check it again on the different fuel. Thank you

This is all true with the timing. As my Snap-On scanner has shown. The HHO causes the timing to lower and sometimes retard. All done right by the computer, NO added electronics. My feed lines are to the vacuum line for the brake booster and a port in the air duct just outside the throttle body. I use 3 back pressure valves($ 5. a peice at Advance auto parts) to direct the flow, one at each line connection and one between the tee and dryer. This is so that i keep the most vacuum on the system at all times(throttle open or closed)! The reason for 3 valves is because you will get a bypass of vacuum into the intake thru the lines if there not back-flow prevented. I have my flashback arrestor and a solenoid(GM evap solenoid), between the gen and the single back-flow valve. The EVAP solenoid is connected in series with my gen relay so if my gen is not on then there's no vacuum pulling on anything.
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

Here's an example of a main spark advance table.
    This is not a stock table, but just for example purposes.
    FYI, some factory tables have negative advance values in some of the load cells, especially at low RPM near idle speed.

Notice the RPM - engine speed across the bottom (X-axis).
    Notice the kPa - engine loading down the side of the table (Y-axis).

The kPa value is measured from the MAP sensor, which is manifold pressure.
    Some cars use a MAP sensor to determine engine load, some cars use a MAF sensor (air flow meter) to determine load, and some cars use a combination of both.

When you open up a line to the intake manifold and introduce anything like air or your HHO, then that is going to change the determination of the engine load via the MAF and/or MAP sensor. You are feeding unmetered air into the intake, and bypassing the MAF sensor. This will make the MAF output value lower (less load) and can trigger your PCM to use a different timing value, - one from another cell on this table due to the different load value.
    Your HHO will do the same thing to the MAP sensor, but in this case a slight increase in manifold pressure would be interpreted by your PCM as a higher load value, and could be responsible for your drop in ignition timing at idle.

If you remove your HHO line from the intake manifold and introduce the HHO in the air duct before the throttle body, then you remove the possibility of throwing off your MAP sensor reading. This is really not something that you want to use a MAP tricker circuit to correct for idle. You only want to use the MAP tricker while driving with the throttle open.

As mentioned earlier the other possibility is that you are triggering the knock protection algorithm in your PCM. You can verify this with a scan-tool and look for knock counts or knock retard value.

Quote Originally Posted by koya1893 View Post
    I experienced the same with several newer cars I installed a system on, when the system in leaned out and pre-ignition is detected the ECU will adjust timing accordingly, hence if you want to keep the timing and gain more incorporating water injection is added bonus. I am currently testing the Infinity with this approach. thanks to Gus I got turned on with water injection process. testing the Infitiny for 1k miles before I can report how the performance gain and mpg.
    I got same results with timing at my car. It went from +8 - +15 to -6 - +2.

The story step by step.

First what I did, I bought the ELM 327 Vgate OBD2 Bluetooth device for Android phones to have visible all numbers of engine data and parameters from ECU. Than I mounted HHO system (25 plates generator without FS2 VOLO performance chip) in my 2003 Mazda protege 2.0 and start driving, monitoring, and obtaining data "on demand".

CHANGES WERE HORRIBLE AND UNPLEASANT.

First try was with 11 plate generator. Changes were: the RPM drop from 750 rpm on gasoline only to 350 rpm on gasoline plus BROWNS Gas. I disconnected the system from car current and got everything back to original in couple of hours.

Second try was with same gen and with the same result.

Third try was done using the 25 plate HHO generator. I thought that the RPM drop was regarding the new data from sensors, and ECU was adjusting the amount of gasoline due to KNOCK sensor (detonation) data. That is why I purchased the bigger generator that produces higher volumes of HHO gas on idles to support regular 700-750 idle RPM. Now I think that additional unused oxygen in the exhaust gases was in charge of tremendous increase of gas spend ( it doubled compare to the regular drive on the gasoline only) after a 6-10 days of constant use of the HHO as a supplement. In addition to the horrible fuel economy, ECU (using the new data from O2 and Knock sensors) doubled the RPMs in idle (I believe ECU tried to correct the data from O2 and knock sensors by enriching the combustion mixture with gasoline to decrease the free oxygen in exhaust).
    To get everything back to normal, I disconnected the HHO from the car current. It took 4 days to get back all the "new" "unpleasant" changes. Just today afternoon I got everything back to original numbers. I have started measuring numbers right before I start to drive with HHO.

This is my current experience. That is why so many questions are being asked. I really want buy your FS2 VOLO performance chip for HHO. Please, provide more explanations and answer to me. I already spend bit more than $500 for the system, and do not want to spend more if it not really work. With all the respect to you and your product, which I really want to buy, I need some more knowledge about how the FS2 full the sensors, how it measures the HHOgas flow, how it adjust the gas/air ratio, and some more. I would be really pleased if you are able to answer all of them. I chat with you about a year ago from now, or so. I want to get a final positive results from this project.

If anybody face with similar problems, or know what is going on and how to get needed results (fuel efficiency instead of fuel loss), please HELP.

QUESTIONS
    Who and how calibrate the VOLO chip in accordance to the min/max HHO generator flow?
    How could I know the maximum output of the HHO gen (I know its minimum - 2 lpm, but the max depend on amps, electrolyte concentration and many other things)?
    How could HHO be measured dynamically, if there is no any sensor in the car that measure the HHO gas amount produced?
    Whether the chip must be installed before HHO system installation (because the HHO gas without the chip leads to big changes in many engine processes, such as timing advance, gas-air mixture ratio, etc.

Being new to this forum, I am seeking for help, answers and future productive information share with all members of the forum.

Regards,
    Alex.