Thread: nutral plates?

nutral plates?

I am thinking about using nutral plates to separate the positive and negative plates in a new generator. My question is if I have the hydrogen electrode on one side of the nutral and the oxygen electrode on the other side, which side of the nutral produces hydrogen?

I am thinking about using nutral plates to separate the positive and negative plates in a new generator. My question is if I have the hydrogen electrode on one side of the nutral and the oxygen electrode on the other side, which side of the nutral produces hydrogen?
    It does not quite work like that. A neutral plate is a bipolar plate that has one side + and the other side -. So if you had +N- you have 2 cells each having a +and a -. (+ -/+ -) Both gases HH and O2 (HHO) will be produced because there is a negative and a positive in each cell. Are you trying to separate the gases?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Yes I am trying to separate the gases.

Here is one of Bill Williams videos. Look at all his other videos and you will see how it is done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wUg53epmzM
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

May I recommend building a basic configured system first and get familiar with the concept before you tackle on seperating the two gasses. You'll find unless you have a special application, going with standard bipolar system is sufficient. I've tried splitting the two, it's way too much work and makes the system bulky hard to mount.

If you build a cell 15-20 amps and can run it for hours without a PWM, you'll have a 80-90% efficient. the key factor I've discovered is keeping the system cool, mainly the initial solution that floods the cell. Hence, dual reservor concept.