Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New member, big project planned

Quote Originally Posted by danser75 View Post
    I have been thinking of the f/a ratio meters myself once i get farther into it. I was wondering about haveing a volt meter hard wired to my o2 sensor. would give me some idea i think. when I get that far I will post if its worth talking about. If not then forget it was ever said.
    Yes, you can use a volt meter from my research to evaluate the a/f ratio but only with a wideband sensor, On innovative motorsports web site they state 0 volts is about 7:1 & 5 volts, it's top output is about 22:1 using the bosch sensor & the shift is suppose to be smoothly linear so you should get a good sense of what your your looking at......bob

well thats awesome information to have as i have at least bosch o2 sensors on the front two cylinders. I havent seen found or messed with the two in the back yet but i have tinkered under the hood a couple times to determine the places i want to try to mount the hho unit.

Are you the one developing this device?
    No, but a good friend and someone I trust is, and I am going to test it.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Been a spell since the last post, got the o2 & exhaut sensors now & muffler shop is setting the fittings this week so some testing will start soon & be posted before very long. One note, since getting the computer monitor, I've found that different gas brands give more or less gas mileage as much as 2 mpg difference so I'm keeping data on that to report the best gas brands I've tried. See y'all soon!

Well, happy to report sensors are installed & functioning as expected.....average a/f ratio is reading 14.5:1 as would be expected & exhaust temp ranges 750 degrees at low load to 1100 at heavy load when climbing hills. Next step is to tap into the 02 sensors & feed a phony rich voltage signal to the computer to trick it to lean out the ratio along with modifying the air temp sensor to do the same while monitoring the exhaust temp to see the effect on that & any fuel mileage & performance changes. After those tests are completed, the order for the 12volt water pump, fogging nozzles & related hardware goes in, about $200 worth of stuff, to feed water fog vapor into the intake. I'll report anything noteworthy of posting as it happens. cheers gang......bob