Thread: cheap pmw

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

cheap pmw

Ok I am very new to this so I am trying to figure out how the best way is to do a hybrid conversion on my 1992 Buick Century. I want all the efficacy I can get from the system and car. But I am on an extremely tight budget. So I was looking for cheaper ways to do this project and found through amazon a pmw made by OGO. It is $40.00 and offers 30 amps and 12-24 volts. My question is, Is this too good to be true that its this cheap or has anyone used these? the website for this is http://eewarehouse.amazonwebstore.co...B0035R3JN0.htm I have other questions as well but will post them in their respective threads. Thanks for your time and please any advice helps at this point.

If you want to save some money, dont buy a pwm.

Mix only enough Koh(is what i use) with water to make max amps u want to run, and remember to test amps when cell is at operating temp.

And no the pwm could be a good for the price. They are cheap to build and it has a fan which is good. - if u do buy it dont go over 25 amps, ull burn it out.
    It says 30 amps but its never good to run it at max for a long time.

Ive even tried using a speed control from a rc car.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

i thought the pmw was required to get the most efficency since it allows you to dial in the correct frequency for your particular hho cell. Thus allowing you to not use electricity that you dont need to to get the hho you desire. I am not by any means trying to educate you just trying to understand the use of each component we are all talking about.

i thought the pmw was required to get the most efficency since it allows you to dial in the correct frequency for your particular hho cell. Thus allowing you to not use electricity that you dont need to to get the hho you desire. I am not by any means trying to educate you just trying to understand the use of each component we are all talking about.
    I have not seen any evidence for this with the PWM's available in the market today. I have read and heard a lot of talk about it but no proof. The fact is that if you do not get any production or quality gain in the HHO then when you take into consideration the energy used by the PWM you gain nothing, in fact the opposite could be possible. It is a necessary thing in colder climates when full strength electrolyte must be used to warm up the reactor faster, prevent freezing and keep thermal runaway under control after warmup. All of this lowers the advantage gained in the warmer climates but there still is an advantage.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

ok well i will keep this in mind and see how things go heat wise on my unit once i am hooked up and ready to roll. post more later. thanks guys!

I thought peak production happens when the current is first switched on. So the PWM does two things, increase production and control heat. It won't save electricity thought since when it's output is "off", the current is wasted inside the PWM.

Quote Originally Posted by danser75 View Post
    i thought the pmw was required to get the most efficency since it allows you to dial in the correct frequency for your particular hho cell. Thus allowing you to not use electricity that you dont need to to get the hho you desire. I am not by any means trying to educate https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...c/test.htmlyou just trying to understand the use of each component we are all talking about.
    Only way you're gonna consume less power with a PWM is if its gate (duty cycle) can be controlled dynamically. You save power ON AVERAGE with this type of device compared to running directly off the battery. A regular PWM will always cost more than straight DC. MOSFET power control comes at a loss always and that loss can easily be recognized by heat dissipation.

The OGO pwm is to control motors not good for HHOcel, for HHO cel need CCPWM

Quote Originally Posted by danser75 View Post
    Ok I am very new to this so I am trying to figure out how the best way is to do a hybrid conversion on my 1992 Buick Century. I want all the efficacy I can get from the system and car. But I am on an extremely tight budget. So I was looking for cheaper ways to do this project and found through amazon a pmw made by OGO. It is $40.00 and offers 30 amps and 12-24 volts. My question is, Is this too good to be true that its this cheap or has anyone used these? the website for this is http://eewarehouse.amazonwebstore.co...B0035R3JN0.htm I have other questions as well but will post them in their respective threads. Thanks for your time and please any advice helps at this point.