Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: good cells and bad cells

Engineers et al

I already said that I am not smart enough to figure all the differences out - I have been researching HHO generators for only a few weeks - thought I would build one first. Anyway - as to the title - Engineers et al - My Brother-in-Law is an engineer with Ford Motor Company - he has worked for GM also - as well as Dale Jarret's racing team - he is an Engine designer - so I told him about this - told him to do some research also - he basically says that it will not work - so I was looking for a math equation that I could shove in his face - I guess I will have to do the brute force method and prove him wrong by building my generator - tweaking it and installing in my truck - and get better gas mileage from it - I was not trying to disrespect anyone here - I was just trying to see if there was a formula - cest le vie - got to do it the hard way - just proof for the doubting Thomas

Thanks for all your help - I plan on doing a great deal more research as I build my generator (when I get the plates I will be just about ready - trying to do it on the cheap through scrap from a couple of places my sister-in-Law works)

I already said that I am not smart enough to figure all the differences out - I have been researching HHO generators for only a few weeks -
    Do not under estimate how smart you are. I think you have plenty of smarts. The fact that you joined the forum shows you have plenty. Keep studying and you will be as good at this any anyone. Please do not think a lack of experience is because you have no smarts and do not take some of my remarks to negatively. I some time get a little testy in my old age. You are doing just fine!! There are plenty of documents that support the positive side of HHO. PM me if you are interested in some to help you or better yet here is a link.

http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/for...44.msg2810#new
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Hi all,

As was said, you gotta just keep at it and compare the info that you have amassed. I have a home built 5.5"x7" dry cell which puts out 2LPM easily. Turns out that it's overkill for my 1.3L engine, so I just lower the amps and run it cool for the results I want.
    Just be glad that you didn't start out with wet cells like many have! I will post a link below so you can have even more reference material. Enjoy!

http://2hho.com/hho_plans.htm

Well guys thanks for the help on this. I hadnt been on alot in the last couple days but I did get caught up here. I really hope that i didn't upset anyone here. I was trying to figure something out that seems to be just a little over my head.

It started as a thought to myself, "there must be a formula for what size cell I need and the amp draw I will have." but then i got way carried away with it and started obsessing alot about it when I saw there wasn't one. But Now that my head is back out of my ***, I am ready to regain a normal role as a newbie and say that I think for my first cell I am going to get a 6x8 316L ss plate setup with 15 plates for 2 stacks. I am planning to leave the middle plate with no holes and give an in and an out on each side.

I was also talking with a friend of mine who hasn't done this before but has done alot with electronics and when he saw the sketches of my plates I am planning on, and the plates alot of other ppl are using, he asked, "why are you only using one power input in the corner?" This got me thinking should we use 2 to better distribute the power across the plate? So for the cost I am going to go ahead and add a second input on my power plates and going to try moving the power to the middle instead of the corner unless someone can give me an explaination of why not to. I figure even if it only helps a little bit its worth a shot. It can't hurt anything. Finally its only going to be like a 5 dollar differance on the plate cost.

But again if anyone was offeneded or thoguht I was argueing or overstepping my bounds I appoligize. I didnt mean to in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BioFarmer93 View Post
    It has been reported lately that efficiency can be increased by leaving the center power plate intact (no holes)
    wow you can notice an increase in efficiency with only one plate that has no holes, imagine a cell where none of the plates have any holes and 6 neutrals?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szLJFl0x2bc

Regarding that "no holes" design on Youtube. Wouldn't the same or even better results be achieved by putting the same insulating material he has around the holes on his setup, on the holes in regular dry cell setup? I mean, people have used Weld-on 15(?) for this right?
    Let me know if I am missing something here, cause I thought up a similar design a while back, but scrapped it because of this reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by ultra_efficient View Post
    wow you can notice an increase in efficiency with only one plate that has no holes, imagine a cell where none of the plates have any holes and 6 neutrals?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szLJFl0x2bc
    There is a wet cell setup that uses 6 wet cells wired in series each carrying 2 volts. it is suppose to be the mother of all cause it is suppose to have a very low amp draw and very high output. The only reason I am not using that setup is because of the cost. I would need 14 cells, (because of my choice to run 6 neutrals not just 5) for a total of 28 plates. Almost doubling the cost of my system. Plus then I would have to assemble and maintain 14 cells not just one. Maybe if I convert my wife's car I will see about this system But I think trying to tackle it as my first build would be a little too much for me.

There is a wet cell setup that uses 6 wet cells wired in series each carrying 2 volts. it is suppose to be the mother of all cause it is suppose to have a very low amp draw and very high output. The only reason I am not using that setup is because of the cost. I would need 14 cells, (because of my choice to run 6 neutrals not just 5) for a total of 28 plates. Almost doubling the cost of my system. Plus then I would have to assemble and maintain 14 cells not just one. Maybe if I convert my wife's car I will see about this system But I think trying to tackle it as my first build would be a little too much for me.
    Dancer, and Richard there is no reactor that will exceed 11.4 LPM per amp per cell if measured correctly. Just not possible. Gas has a direct relation to amps. Lower amps and you lower the volume of gas. Anyone claiming different doesn't know what they are talking about and are just measuring moisture, are just lying, or using some other method other than brute force which is yet to proven scientifically.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by danser75 View Post
    danser75

could you provide more info on this setup (wet cell).

Just skip the explaination at the top if you wish. Its a chapter from a book and the chapter is 122 pages if printed. Its got alot of interesting ideas in there and some that are really out there that being said the web address is http://www.free-energy-info.com/Chapt10.html

Just so everyone is clear I have not built this unit nor do I know if it will work it was just a site a friend of mine sent me and I think it looks like if someone could/ would build it it would work. Maybe not at 6 amps but I think its an interesting concept.

I did place my order at the sheet metal shop today for my plates of 316L and I am getting them with the neutrals to have power tabs on them so that i can try multiple dry cells and eliminate current leakage. I am not trying to exceed 11 amps per cell or anything I just wanted to try this. If it doesn't work then I will be out the cost of the bolts and plastic cutting boards used for the end caps and the hose fittings but once I have my cell done I have 2 friends wanting their cars adapted to this as well so I will just use them on those conversions. What I am planning is to have six dry cells wired in series making it 2 volts do each of the cells with each cell only having 2 plates in it. Then each cell will have its own hoses back to the tank. I have not seen anything like this done but I am hoping to see what happens. Another plus if it works is that I have seen some (not all but some) cells on youtube getting filled with gas faster than it can be released into the tank. In my design since the only product flowing through the hoses would be the gas/unprocessed water of just the 2 plates in that cell there shouldn't be the build up of gases waiting to escape. I know the way I am doing this would be fine to go with a wet cell but I chose to try a dry cell because if it works I will have 7 cells to place in the car under the hood and that would be alot of space but the dry cells will take up less room. I am giving up surface area of plates for the gaskets but gaining room to be able to install this in my car. In a couple weeks when I have it running I will post a youtube video and let everyone see it.

I don't know that it will be better than any of the others but I am doing this project as something to use my time on so I am willing to do whatever assembly and tear down is necessary to come out with a reliable and well working system.