Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Awsome Electrolyte!

GoHydrogen!! Guest
    I am sorry that you didn't understand the post. When I say that the NaCl precipitates out of solution, I mean that the NaCl solidifies. In the evaporation process, when the water reaches a specific gravity of 1.2, the NaCl begins to solidify. By the time you reach a specific gravity of 1.29, close to 99% of the sodium and most of the chloride have solidified. The liquid concentrate is then pumped out, leaving behind the NaCl, which is now a solid. The remaining metals in the liquid are what make our electrolyte. The solution is 23% mineral, 77% water. And yes, in scientific research, it is proving itself very useful as an electrolyte for Hydrolysis. It generates as much hydrogen as 20% horticultural grade vinegar, and leaves almost no residue on the plates.

How does it compare to other electrolytes?

Baking soda is plainly problematic. It leaves a white residue that is hard to get out.

Sodium Citrate starts bubbling up into the hose, and puts an orange residue in the air intake system.

KOH – potassium hydroxide crystals put out a lot of hydrogen gas, but also put out hydrodge sulfide, which is highly toxic, something like nerve gas. Most of the law suits coming out of HHO production are because of this toxic gas. It is also quite corrosive to the stainless steel plates.

Sodium Hydroxide powder is not as bad as potassium hydroxide. It produces a lot of gas, but also produces hydrogen sulfide gas, and if you get Sodium Hydroxide powder on your skin, it will burn. Also, aluminum is highly reactive with it. Sodium Hydroxide will quickly dissolve aluminum. Sodium Hydroxide is also very corrosive to the stainless steel plates.

Tap water shortens the life of the Fuel Cell. It leaves a lot of residue, and doesn’t seem to produce enough gas.

Distilled vinegar, though we have found it to be the next best thing to our sea mineral electrolyte, it isn’t pure. It has it’s unwanted contaminants. Plus it is more bulky to transport.

Quote Originally Posted by GoHydrogen!! View Post
    KOH – potassium hydroxide crystals put out a lot of hydrogen gas, but also put out hydrodge sulfide, which is highly toxic, something like nerve gas. Most of the law suits coming out of HHO production are because of this toxic gas. It is also quite corrosive to the stainless steel plates.

Sodium Hydroxide powder is not as bad as potassium hydroxide. It produces a lot of gas, but also produces hydrogen sulfide gas, and if you get Sodium Hydroxide powder on your skin, it will burn. Also, aluminum is highly reactive with it. Sodium Hydroxide will quickly dissolve aluminum. Sodium Hydroxide is also very corrosive to the stainless steel plates.
    First off, I don't doubt your product is worthy of electrolysis. But when you make statements like KOH & NaOH produces sulfides, I have a problem with that. It is a possibility if the water is from the tap in the kitchen or from a sulfur spring, but using distilled or deionized water has ZERO sulfur to form sulfides. I agree that lye is somewhat toxic if mishandled, but at the concentration I'm using, it's hardly a soap much less an irritant. I can't speak for KOH, but I'm fairly certain neither will produce sulfides when mixed with H2O & electrolyzed.
    1998 Ford Ranger 3.0 liter V6
    Modified Smack design installed 6/20/08
    Modest gains of about 1.5 MPG (17.8 to 19.3)
    No sensor controls (yet)

GoHydrogen!! Guest
    You have a point about the sulfides. I will check back with the man who made this statement, and see what he has to say. He is very knowledgeable in his field, and works as a consultant for 2 large companies that produce HHO units for commercial applications of which I am not free to talk about.

Thank you for at least giving our product the benefit of the doubt.

BigTruck Guest
    There is a lot of good info on this thread. We are here to learn and experiment. I'm willing to gamble $15. to check it out.

I agree that too much salt is bad, because it can break down the natural protective coating on SS that keeps it from corroding. The other reasons given also have merit.

My gut tells me that GoHydrogen may have something. The makeup of the remaining 23% minerals should be what we focus on. Nature has always been smarter than man.

HYDROTEKPRO Guest
    I would definitely like to be wrong, in my conclusion about this product. I am looking forward to apologizing if I am. As a new, green and practical technology, it would be great to have another discovery right around the corner. That's what this forum is all about!

There is also a mention about "...all the lawsuits coming out of HHO..." Are there any specific examples available? Surely this wouldn't be a scare tactic to induce a purchase?

Please do show us that this product is something a knowledgeable HHO user would want.

LinChiek Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by daveczrn View Post
    Well since we are all using water that's not distilled and has high levels of sulfer in it it does produce hydrogen sulfide.

yea.. not believing anything in his post really.
    i'm using distilled water.......

LinChiek Guest
    Perhaps you didn't note that this isn't "sea water". When you remove 99% of the sodium, and most of the chloride and calcium, it changes its effects. We have had this tested by experts in the field, and their conclusion was that it was the best electrolyte they had seen.

Somehow the mineral complex in ocean water (minus the NaCL) works quite well as an electrolyte.
    sound more like a scam to me......

LinChiek Guest
    I am sorry that you didn't understand the post. When I say that the NaCl precipitates out of solution, I mean that the NaCl solidifies. In the evaporation process, when the water reaches a specific gravity of 1.2, the NaCl begins to solidify. By the time you reach a specific gravity of 1.29, close to 99% of the sodium and most of the chloride have solidified. The liquid concentrate is then pumped out, leaving behind the NaCl, which is now a solid. The remaining metals in the liquid are what make our electrolyte. The solution is 23% mineral, 77% water. And yes, in scientific research, it is proving itself very useful as an electrolyte for Hydrolysis. It generates as much hydrogen as 20% horticultural grade vinegar, and leaves almost no residue on the plates.
    u will still have NaCl in ur electrolyte even most of it already solidified...
    How does it compare to other electrolytes?

Baking soda is plainly problematic. It leaves a white residue that is hard to get out.

Sodium Citrate starts bubbling up into the hose, and puts an orange residue in the air intake system.

Tap water shortens the life of the Fuel Cell. It leaves a lot of residue, and doesn’t seem to produce enough gas.

Distilled vinegar, though we have found it to be the next best thing to our sea mineral electrolyte, it isn’t pure. It has it’s unwanted contaminants. Plus it is more bulky to transport.
    I'd tested my cell with NaOH + distilled water, no odor at all...

can u bring me the chemistry equation for the production of hydrogen sulphide in electrolysis using NaOH + distilled water (dH2O)?
    Humans can smell the odour of hydrogen sulphide at 0.02ppm, and for comparison sake, a pungent flatus (or fart) will produce around 0.03ppm of hydrogen sulfide; Source: wikipedia
    btw, what law suits?

here's the emission test result using Sodium Bicarbonate as electrolyte.....

http://texas-hho.com/emissions-tests.php

LinChiek Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dennyk159 View Post
    First off, I don't doubt your product is worthy of electrolysis. But when you make statements like KOH & NaOH produces sulfides, I have a problem with that. It is a possibility if the water is from the tap in the kitchen or from a sulfur spring, but using distilled or deionized water has ZERO sulfur to form sulfides. I agree that lye is somewhat toxic if mishandled, but at the concentration I'm using, it's hardly a soap much less an irritant. I can't speak for KOH, but I'm fairly certain neither will produce sulfides when mixed with H2O & electrolyzed.
    yeap.... unless u r using water from sulfur spring.....

Electrolyte

I know I am brand new here, but I have been keeping up w/ this thread. I actually have purchased a bottle of this stuff and will be using it with distilled water starting with a mixture of 500 ppm and moving up from there. I will let you all know how it goes.