Thread: 2002 S10 Extreme LS 4.3

2002 S10 Extreme LS 4.3

I'm running a 16 plate cell and a quad digital EFIE. I'm curious if anyone knows what the readings should be for the the oxygen wire and the computer wire on the efie, for both the upstream and the down stream sensors? The EFIE in question is the Quad Digital Narrowband from http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/

How are your 16 plates set up?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

The plates are (+nnnn-nnnn+nnnn-). The pictures attached are the HHO kit and the Quad Digital EFIE. In Order from top to bottom: 1.) the line going into the intake directly above the throttle body... 2.) A 3 quart reservoir and the 16 plate cell below it... 3.) Since I drive around 200 miles a day and the roads I take are kind of rough I put this tee joint w/ an 8" line to catch any liquid that might try to get into my intake from the bubbler...4.) The bubbler... 5.) The Quad digital narrowband EFIE...

The plates are (+nnnn-nnnn+nnnn-). The pictures attached are the HHO kit and the Quad Digital EFIE. In Order from top to bottom: 1.) the line going into the intake directly above the throttle body... 2.) A 3 quart reservoir and the 16 plate cell below it... 3.) Since I drive around 200 miles a day and the roads I take are kind of rough I put this tee joint w/ an 8" line to catch any liquid that might try to get into my intake from the bubbler...4.) The bubbler... 5.) The Quad digital narrowband EFIE...
    You really need to add one more plate to each stack. As far as the EFIE setting this varies per engine and driving style. Follow the tuning instructions and you should be able to find the sweet spot for your driving. I am going to be testing the same engine but am way behind at the moment. When I do I will post the results. It will be 2 to 3 weeks before I complete everything. I am building all new stuff to test on this one. What results have you gotten so far? What type of electrolyte and concentration are you using?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

To start, I am using KOH and distilled water. When I first installed the HHO I tried baking soda for a few days and then switched to NaOH. I wanted better, so I got KOH. The concentration is 4Tbsp KOH per 1Gal distilled water.

The data results are becoming more consistent every day. Once again, when I first installed everything I was using the Volo FS12 HHO edition chip. Millage was never the same from day to day. I hit over 50mpg one day, 30mpg quite a few times, but for the most part I got around 23-24mpg. It was still is a gain from the 20mpg I was getting. I am currently getting 26mpg consistently with the EFIE. I’m still tuning it slowly and the numbers are slowly going up everyday.

The question about the EFIE in my first post came from hooking a meter up to the oxygen wire and then to the computer wire on either of the upstream sensors. I know my meter will not pick up every reading the sensor gives off but why is the computer wire reading higher than the sensor wire? I thought the EFIE was supposed to decrease the signal voltage going to the computer, in effect making the computer think it is running rich and decrease the gas consumption to lean it out so the air/fuel ratio is acceptable for the programing of the computer. I was just wondering about that…

That is exactly what the EFIE does. It is hard to percieve becouse the signals change so fast any meter or probe wont register them. Most EFIEs have an integrated way of measuring the changes. Some even present you the range they understand you will get the best savings. It is a mattter of trial an error.

If you still want more savings and your hydrogen production allows it you try installing other fuel saving devices like MAP/MAF/IAT enhancers. You can change one signal up to one point before the ECU complains and turns the check engine. You should get bettter results slightly decreasing several sensors. I usually use an EFIE for the o2 sensors and a map enhancers, in some cases a IAT one too.

Things are being put on hold, due to my MAF needing replacement.