Thread: Flow meters

Flow meters

I was just messing around on Ebay, and found these great oxygen flow meters. They are what they mount on the wall at hospitals to show how much oxygen you are on. They are cheap used, what do we care its not like we are breathing the gas in this case. Also they read in liters per minute from 0-10 lpm. This would suit most of our need and then you would just have a hose for in and out. instead of the big tube of water with a bottle. Not that there is anything wrong with this method I am just bringing in a new Idea. I am just wondering has anyone tried or played with this idea?

Oxygen Flowmeters won't give proper readings with Hydroxy. The reading will be much higher than than the actual output.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by lhazleton View Post
    Oxygen Flowmeters won't give proper readings with Hydroxy. The reading will be much higher than than the actual output.
    you know, I was thinking about that... What if you put one of those meters and a well built eudiometer on a "Y" and used the eudiometer to calibrate the meter? After drying the gas, of course.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gus,
    I guess you could do that, but why bother?
    If you build a good eudiometer, a flow meter would be unnecessary. Right?
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Gus,
    I guess you could do that, but why bother?
    If you build a good eudiometer, a flow meter would be unnecessary. Right?
    Yeah, yeah, I know... It was just an idea for people with too much time on their hands. Notice that I didn't say that I was gonna do it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's all about molecular weights. Oxygen is way more heavy than Hydrogen (forget the exact weights), so an oxygen flowmeter will only work properly with pure oxygen.
    Eudiometers are simple to build. There are numerous designs in here and on YouTube.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0

It's all about molecular weights. Oxygen is way more heavy than Hydrogen (forget the exact weights), so an oxygen flowmeter will only work properly with pure oxygen.
    Eudiometers are simple to build. There are numerous designs in here and on YouTube.
    I see so I would have to calibrate it find out where that little ball should be for a particular reading. I just didn't see the difference. All I can say is you guys are not only really smart, you are really good about watching us new guys and chasing us around these forums. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by danser75 View Post
    you are really good about watching us new guys and chasing us around these forums. LOL.
    LOL...........You haven't gotten our bill yet, have ya?
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0

if u use a oxy flo meter, if u get any steam it wont read right no matter what. been there tried that.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.