Thread: Power of Stored HHO

Power of Stored HHO

On July 4th 2011, me and my family did the fireworks thing but i wanted to show my parents what and how HHO works and how its made. So i used the gen i built and designed that was on my car to fill several 1 pint bottles (empty water bottles). I had wondered if HHO would escape over a short period of time so one of the bottles we left out side on the porch over nite thru the next day. 24 + hrs. later as the day before i detonated that bottle as the others. To everyone's surprise it not only didn't escape but it was nearly twice as loud. My method of detonating was leaving the bottles sealed as when filled, and lighting a piece of paper towel with the bottle laying on the piece, as soon as the fire melted the bottle, BOOM. It seems when not under pressure HHO can stay stored for some time to be used.

ANY ideas why it was more powerful ????

Also as some more horsing around, i filled a gal. jug (a Hawaiian fruit punch) and used a 50 ft. extension cord and a 12 volt battery to safely detonate that, the fire ball was the size of a soccer ball, but the explosion was unbelievable. The jug was melted inwards, but at 50 ft. away we (6 of us) had our shirts blown to our chests and hair blown backwards. ALSO let me WARN anyone attempting this to wear ear plugs as we did not! Our ears were ringing BADLY for a long while! As we live in the city limits we were sure that the police would show, it sounded like a cannon like they use in the reenactment of the civil war!

Ya gotta be careful when playing with this stuff. The plastic jug was melted inwards because HHO implodes. You labeled this thread "Power of Stored HHO". Never a good idea. This link may open your eyes a bit: http://www.vcstar.com/news/2010/jun/...mi-Valley-ind/
    Whatever you do, just be careful and use any safeguards available.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

I'd still like to find out why it had more force after sitting 24 hours ??

Hum thats strange. When I leave HHO in bottle for +24 hours and detonate bottle it just burns like there is no oxygen only hydrogen in it.

Quote Originally Posted by smelijus View Post
    Hum thats strange. When I leave HHO in bottle for +24 hours and detonate bottle it just burns like there is no oxygen only hydrogen in it.
    Do you use any electrolytes?

Quote Originally Posted by Madsceintist View Post
    Do you use any electrolytes?
    In cell I use NaOH electrolyte

I was using, now straight tap. Works better, and no guessing.