Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: My First Build

koya, I did exactly that when tapping I only ran it to about 1/4 the way actually. just enough to give me a good tight fit but be sure it was lined up to the hole properly. As for trimming them I have an occilating saw that I use when needed but the fittings are just a tad under 1/2 inch long and boards are a tad over. But I did have a couple that were longer so I used the occilating saw by threading a piece of scrap cutting board and then cutting the fitting with it in the board.

Thanx for the info though.

iger I forgot till just now I dont think madscientist uses anything but just water. So that would require research before use.

Quote Originally Posted by danser75 View Post
    koya, I did exactly that when tapping I only ran it to about 1/4 the way actually. just enough to give me a good tight fit but be sure it was lined up to the hole properly. As for trimming them I have an occilating saw that I use when needed but the fittings are just a tad under 1/2 inch long and boards are a tad over. But I did have a couple that were longer so I used the occilating saw by threading a piece of scrap cutting board and then cutting the fitting with it in the board.

Thanx for the info though.

iger I forgot till just now I dont think madscientist uses anything but just water. So that would require research before use.

Tis a good point and I've been away a few days sorry!! I'm not sure but you could put some on a fitting then in a cup full of your electrolyte for a test ! Please let me know how that turns out, but I've never had a problem with this sealer and hot oil and transmission fluid under pressure tend to leak if they can. However they don't leak through this compound.
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

Quote Originally Posted by danser75 View Post
    I know he uses only water, but maybe he knows anyway. I heard from somebody, that madscientist is very knowledgeable and experienced.