Thread: hho results inside motor

hho results inside motor

98 Chevy Monte Carlo, dry cell, roebic drain cleaner, using since May 2011, good results 7-8 mpg increase, took off intake this past weekend, intake hose and throttlebody caked with white crap, inside the intake looked like mud, has anyone else run into this problem?

Your bubbler is ineffective. You need a very good bubbler system to prevent this. Add boric acid to the water or MMO to neutralize and NaOH or KOH that might escape the bubbler. A good bubbler will prevent all of this. Can you post picture of your bubbler? This is a good example of a bubbler not doing its job and what can happen. My bubblers are 16" long to give the gas plenty of travel through the liquid to get cleaned. No problems after years of running.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Hi, I figured that it was excess electrolyte getting into the intake as well. I have heard of people using vinegar to combat this problem. Is that any good? or should I go the Boric acid / MMO route too?
    BTW... What is MMO?

First make sure your bubbler is working properly. Water with a little boric acid or vinegar works but if the bubbler is not working properly you will still get some white powder on stuff. It just will not eat up the aluminum parts it comes in contact with. If the bubbler has a good diffuser in it and the small bubbles have enough distance to travel through the liquid before they get out then the gas will be very clean and the boric acid is only there so you do not need to change the bubbler water so often. How often do you change the bubbler water? This is also a major factor. When using MMO you do not have to change it for a much longer time. I recommend changing the water every 1000 miles or more. Bubbler design must take this into consideration so draining it and filling it again is easy.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Thanks for the speedy reply! I checked out one of your previous posts and found that MMO is Marvel mystery Oil. I was thinking about using a diffuser in my bubbler, but the one I built is 3"x12" so it's rather narrow. I will have to make another bubbler in the future.
    The bubbles are big -not a good thing, I know. However, I am trying to pin down an approx .350 LMP production rate, to match my carburated 1.3 L engine. I have seen that my sweet spot should be about that range, since I saw gains at .2 LPM with my old washer electrolyzer.
    I think I change the water in my bubbler 1-2 times per month. I get no white powder at my intake now that I use vinegar. I also just extended the hose from the HHO unit to the bubbler to cut back on electrolyte travel.

here is what my brothers did - he didnt have a bubbler or filter of any kind

Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

Throttle

Throttle body looks like normal GUM build up to me. on my last job I serviced many card to clean the intake and i seen worst.
    How many miles have you driven on HHO?