Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I can cut it.

c02cutter Guest

I can cut it.

I have the resources to be able to cut any grade of Stainless steel in any configuration possible. Being that I am currently playing with the smack design, and like the results, I am going to be offering .03 plates cut with holes and custom straps for assembly. I will offer both 304 and 316 Stainless Steel.

As a result I would like a bit of input from you guys in the forums. I can do this in a standard wall plate size configuration, or in a different size all together. As most are probably using wall plates for ease of getting their hands on I think this may be the direction to go for fitting in current containers people have.

I happen to use all 10/32 hardware for my construction and have my hole sizes based on that. So my next area of input is on hole sizes. I use nylon shoulder washers and nylon flat washers for construction so the plate shown here has .281 holes to accommodate the shoulder washer. I do this as I have been using 316 SS 10/32 threaded rod in construction.

Give me some input, and I'll post some drawings.

BAD MEDICINE Guest
    good idea to cut to wall plate size.

Any idea what you'll be charging? for both 304 and 316?

c02cutter Guest
    Not sure yet as I am working out the material costs at present. Then I have to work out what needs to be paid to my company for use of the machine. I should have pricing done by this evening.

c02cutter Guest
    For .03 304 SS plates, cut with 3 holes in the plates 2.75" x 4.5" will be $2.60 each.

Still working out pricing on 316SS. Not liking the quotes I am getting back on material costs.

JonDoh Guest
    Lmk... interested

c02cutter Guest
    So all know, still looking at 316SS pricing for base material as I am not happy with what I am getting. Basically 316SS is going to almost be 3x the cost. I am also asking for true material certs with the material, with the option to return after I have had analysis done. There is a lot of places passing off 304 as 316.

Question 317l

Is 317L available?

BoyntonStu

c02cutter Guest
    I don't have any on hand, but it would be possible. Price will be an issue as I would have to order it in, and would not be able to order enough of it to get any kind of break.

JojoJaro Guest
    How much for 7"X1.6" 316L plates? I need 24.

c02cutter Guest
    Finally got a decent quote back but have to buy a lot more material than I wanted to commit to. Here is the pricing that I have worked up. I do need some input as to hole sizes that people would like in their cells as I assemble mine a bit differently than most in using 10/32 316 hardware utilizing a combination of nylon shoulder washers and flat washers.

For .03 316L SS plates, cut with 3 holes in the plates 2.75" x 4.5" will be $3.10 each.