Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I can cut it.

Omega Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DaneDHorstead View Post
    Sorry!

That was an unintentional typo.

It indeed should have said 0.0435" (not 0.435"), as compared to 1.1 mm which is actually 0.0433"

Sometimes, the keys you actually hit, aint the keys you properly aimed at!
    That happens. I notice that sometimes my fingers are thinking one thing and my brain is thinking of another!

smartHHO Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by c02cutter View Post
    Well, I am not willing to deal with China, Mexico, or any other country on building a product for me.

Any thing that I do, I pay my shop for out of my pocket, as it is only right when it comes to the operation costs of this facility. It also makes sure that the guy out on the floor in this facility has a job to come to everyday. Not that were are hurting for work in any way at all to begin with.

My material, that I purchase, comes from either the United States or Canada. You are so right in saying that you can get it for less than the raw material. In purchasing raw material from reputable United States distributors, I keep another guy here in work. I'll be damn if I am going to buy Chinese raw materials. I have customers that supply their own materials, and have seen Chinese 316SS rust on the shelf. Then have our customer wonder why. Have you ever sent a piece of material out for analysis to see if it actually falls into accepted specifications of the material you think it is? I have and do multiple times a year, and purchase material that can be returned to the vendor if it does not pass independent testing. I have to know what my material is as I do too much work for the aerospace industry. Oh and the testing laboratory is a local company also... Another job I contributed to in my economy.
    I hear ya bud. My company does not buy from China now either. Their metals are of the worse quality. US and Canada has the best material you can buy. They know what quality is. Thanks again for the great price on plates. Might do future business with ya. Depends on how my company goes. (As in the one I am starting, not the one I work for. )

HYDROTEKPRO Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by c02cutter View Post
    Well, I am not willing to deal with China, Mexico, or any other country on building a product for me.

Any thing that I do, I pay my shop for out of my pocket, as it is only right when it comes to the operation costs of this facility. It also makes sure that the guy out on the floor in this facility has a job to come to everyday. Not that were are hurting for work in any way at all to begin with.

My material, that I purchase, comes from either the United States or Canada. You are so right in saying that you can get it for less than the raw material. In purchasing raw material from reputable United States distributors, I keep another guy here in work. I'll be damn if I am going to buy Chinese raw materials. I have customers that supply their own materials, and have seen Chinese 316SS rust on the shelf. Then have our customer wonder why. Have you ever sent a piece of material out for analysis to see if it actually falls into accepted specifications of the material you think it is? I have and do multiple times a year, and purchase material that can be returned to the vendor if it does not pass independent testing. I have to know what my material is as I do too much work for the aerospace industry. Oh and the testing laboratory is a local company also... Another job I contributed to in my economy.
    Dishonest manufacturing/sales really sucks. 316 is supposed to be 316, right? 316 will not rust on the shelf, so that Chinese manufacturing company just plain lied about what grade of steel it was. And that's really wrong.

It's worth it to get an honest product, that IS what it's supposed to be. When it saves American jobs, then it's even better.