Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I can cut it.

Cyr Guest
    Are you willing to cut different designs, or just the "smack" design?

If so, I'll shoot you the details in a couple weeks, and you could let me know the prices. I like the prices I see for the above posted.

moore6649 Guest
    i have a local fab shop cut my plates on a shear they cut me 120 4x5 plates from 16ga 304 ss for $70 theybuy lots of ss for work in the foodplants in the area they cut them all in less than 30 mins. so deals are out there if you have the resources.

plates

Quote Originally Posted by c02cutter View Post
    Finally got a decent quote back but have to buy a lot more material than I wanted to commit to. Here is the pricing that I have worked up. I do need some input as to hole sizes that people would like in their cells as I assemble mine a bit differently than most in using 10/32 316 hardware utilizing a combination of nylon shoulder washers and flat washers.

For .03 316L SS plates, cut with 3 holes in the plates 2.75" x 4.5" will be $3.10 each.

Looking at your prices of $2.60, and $3.10 respectively per plate (304 SS, vs. 316 SS), I would like to inform you that I can get a 304 grade SS 17 plate (16 cell) design made for $32.00 (including Nylon bolts, and washers), and can do the same for $48.00 each, in 316 grade SS. Prices quoted above, are what I can sell them for, not my cost to produce them.

Plates are 0.039" thickness, and nylon spacer washers are 0.435" thickness.
    In metric, that is 1 mm stainless plate, and 1.1 mm washers.

They are not shoulder washers, but the design also includes four ea. nylon bolts/nuts (6 mm)

Currently, I have photographs showing it built with two nylon bolts, but we are changing the design to have four nylon bolts 3/4" in from each corner.

I have a thousand of these, in manufacture, and 2,000 each O2 extenders. ( I will supply o2 extenders for $3.50 ea, if interested)

Total surface area is just over 4 sq ft. Neutral plates are 3 x 4.5 (12 ea), and pole plates are 3 x 6" ea with one corner trimmed, on an angle, so as not to interfere with electrical hookup, for dissimilar plates (5 ea).

I can e-mail pics, if needed. Just contact me at: DaneDHorstead@comcast.net

Note, I also can get duel edge MAP Sensor Enhancers made in bulk, if wanted, but need a 1000 unit minimum.

Omega Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DaneDHorstead View Post

Looking at your prices of $2.60, and $3.10 respectively per plate (304 SS, vs. 316 SS), I would like to inform you that I can get a 304 grade SS 17 plate (16 cell) design made for $32.00 (including Nylon bolts, and washers), and can do the same for $48.00 each, in 316 grade SS. Prices quoted above, are what I can sell them for, not my cost to produce them.

Plates are 0.039" thickness, and nylon spacer washers are 0.435" thickness.
    In metric, that is 1 mm stainless plate, and 1.1 mm washers.

They are not shoulder washers, but the design also includes four ea. nylon bolts/nuts (6 mm)

Currently, I have photographs showing it built with two nylon bolts, but we are changing the design to have four nylon bolts 3/4" in from each corner.

I have a thousand of these, in manufacture, and 2,000 each O2 extenders. ( I will supply o2 extenders for $3.50 ea, if interested)

Total surface area is just over 4 sq ft. Neutral plates are 3 x 4.5 (12 ea), and pole plates are 3 x 6" ea with one corner trimmed, on an angle, so as not to interfere with electrical hookup, for dissimilar plates (5 ea).

I can e-mail pics, if needed. Just contact me at: DaneDHorstead@comcast.net

Note, I also can get duel edge MAP Sensor Enhancers made in bulk, if wanted, but need a 1000 unit minimum.
    Slight correction: the nylon washer thickness should be .0433" if they are 1.1mm; your decimal appears to be misplaced.

You have a PM.

c02cutter Guest
    Talk about a complete hijack of a thread... Maybe you ought to rethink how it is you did this, you should have just started your own thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Slight correction: the nylon washer thickness should be .0433" if they are 1.1mm; your decimal appears to be misplaced.

You have a PM.
    Proper comparison of 1.1 mm is 0.0433, and I stated 0.0435, as the micrometer measures it.

All things properly engineered have tollerances, and the washer I miked, was off by two thousands of an inch, from the actual true size comparison, as given by Imperial, to Metric tables.

2/1,000" is a pretty tight tollerance, and properly stated, it is only 1/500".

It is not my intention to hyjack anything!

As I understand it, this is a forum, which is open to discussion of ideas, sources, and comparisons of results, etc.

I wish you luck selling all the plates you want, but you correctly state that there are bargains out there, if you look for them. The true bargains, lie outside of our proper boundries........

The situation we are in right now, is the result of a combination of things that happened decades ago, such as demands brought on by labor unions, which resulted in higher prices paid for virtually everything. Add to that the falsified gas restrictions, of the 70's, which struck fear into many of us, as we waited in 1/4 mile long lines to buy gas.

That situation was the direct result of our oil companies intentionally tightening supply, which resulted in huge profits for them.

We cry about oil prices, but we have bargain prices, when compared to gas prices in Canada, or Great Britan. They have been paying seven dollars a gallon, as much as twenty years ago, and today they pay even more. Great Britan currently is paying a comparison of about $10.00 per gallon.

Yet, countries like China, Japan, S. Korea, Turkey, ect., offer products at prices most can only dream of. But those willing to work with them, can yield hugh results.

With China's 1.3 billion people, they have no labor issues, at all, as related to wage demands.

The simple truth is, I can purchase finished product, for less that we pay for raw materials here.

As an example, I can get O2 extenders, for $0.58 ea. Made to exact standards, as those sold on e-bay for $6.00 ea "plus shipping". Or even as high as $9.00 ea.

Note I am not selling the O2 extendes, for that price, but I give the example, to state just how much we overprice goods, by comparison to possible outside sources.

Now, understand that I chose to quote the O2 extender, so not to further step on your plate prices.

appology to Omega

I did not intend to imply that you stated that I hyjacked the thread.

That accusation was made by O2Cutter, and I included comments to him, in the reply to you.

My appology, is offered to you!

c02cutter Guest
    Well, I am not willing to deal with China, Mexico, or any other country on building a product for me.

Any thing that I do, I pay my shop for out of my pocket, as it is only right when it comes to the operation costs of this facility. It also makes sure that the guy out on the floor in this facility has a job to come to everyday. Not that were are hurting for work in any way at all to begin with.

My material, that I purchase, comes from either the United States or Canada. You are so right in saying that you can get it for less than the raw material. In purchasing raw material from reputable United States distributors, I keep another guy here in work. I'll be damn if I am going to buy Chinese raw materials. I have customers that supply their own materials, and have seen Chinese 316SS rust on the shelf. Then have our customer wonder why. Have you ever sent a piece of material out for analysis to see if it actually falls into accepted specifications of the material you think it is? I have and do multiple times a year, and purchase material that can be returned to the vendor if it does not pass independent testing. I have to know what my material is as I do too much work for the aerospace industry. Oh and the testing laboratory is a local company also... Another job I contributed to in my economy.

Omega Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DaneDHorstead View Post
    Proper comparison of 1.1 mm is 0.0433, and I stated 0.0435, as the micrometer measures it.

All things properly engineered have tollerances, and the washer I miked, was off by two thousands of an inch, from the actual true size comparison, as given by Imperial, to Metric tables.

2/1,000" is a pretty tight tollerance, and properly stated, it is only 1/500".

It is not my intention to hyjack anything!

As I understand it, this is a forum, which is open to discussion of ideas, sources, and comparisons of results, etc.

I wish you luck selling all the plates you want, but you correctly state that there are bargains out there, if you look for them. The true bargains, lie outside of our proper boundries........

The situation we are in right now, is the result of a combination of things that happened decades ago, such as demands brought on by labor unions, which resulted in higher prices paid for virtually everything. Add to that the falsified gas restrictions, of the 70's, which struck fear into many of us, as we waited in 1/4 mile long lines to buy gas.

That situation was the direct result of our oil companies intentionally tightening supply, which resulted in huge profits for them.

We cry about oil prices, but we have bargain prices, when compared to gas prices in Canada, or Great Britan. They have been paying seven dollars a gallon, as much as twenty years ago, and today they pay even more. Great Britan currently is paying a comparison of about $10.00 per gallon.

Yet, countries like China, Japan, S. Korea, Turkey, ect., offer products at prices most can only dream of. But those willing to work with them, can yield hugh results.

With China's 1.3 billion people, they have no labor issues, at all, as related to wage demands.

The simple truth is, I can purchase finished product, for less that we pay for raw materials here.

As an example, I can get O2 extenders, for $0.58 ea. Made to exact standards, as those sold on e-bay for $6.00 ea "plus shipping". Or even as high as $9.00 ea.

Note I am not selling the O2 extendes, for that price, but I give the example, to state just how much we overprice goods, by comparison to possible outside sources.

Now, understand that I chose to quote the O2 extender, so not to further step on your plate prices.
    Re-read your initial post; you missed the decimal place > it reads .435, it should read .0435, give or take a thousandth or two.

No biggie, just confusing.

Sorry!

That was an unintentional typo.

It indeed should have said 0.0435" (not 0.435"), as compared to 1.1 mm which is actually 0.0433"

Sometimes, the keys you actually hit, aint the keys you properly aimed at!