Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Build Beginnings

Build Beginnings

Is it the weekend yet?

I'm ready to get this thing started.

Nice rendering! What software is that? Looks good, and it looks like you're into some heavy- http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=4NwP3wes4M8
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Its Google Sketchup, just imported the 3 components from CAD and made multiples of them. I'm very glad to start finally, i've been designing and redesigning for around 4 months now.

Bottles in first pic...

Hi, I wanted to know where you got those bottles which you are using for your reservoir? DO they come with the in/outlets on them, or would I have to make them myself?

Thanks for the speedy reply. Too bad I am in Jamaica, so it's be a bit of a hassle to get these. Seems I'll have to keep McGuyverin' up them containers. Actually, I saw something promising which also has a pressure release outlet, so I think I'll have to work with that.
    Thanks for the info none the less.

Btw...what's up with your build?
    It seems like you are basically strapping a set of HHO units together. What is your aim with this design, as opposed to the regular dry-cell sandwich setup?

Quote Originally Posted by hhofox View Post
    Btw...what's up with your build?
    It seems like you are basically strapping a set of HHO units together. What is your aim with this design, as opposed to the regular dry-cell sandwich setup?
    It is a unipolar design, will be hooked up in series as all the plates are power plates. 7 'Groups' of plates divide the voltage the same way that neutral plates do in the bipolar 'sandwich' setup. I'll have 5 plates in each group which will divide the amperage by 4 the same way 2 dual stack bipolar reactors would. I will have a separate reservoir for negative and positive groups to help with capacity and hopefully i'll have time to add in an experiment involving the ruskin patent. I may use the containers for the reservoirs or just use some 4" pipe that i have. But really i just want to get this built first.

Materials:

Containers and all npt fittings- Usplastic.com
    Metal and marine board- onlinemetals.com
    hardware (still in shipping) - mcmaster.com
    4" abs pipe - local hardware
    clear pipe - clearpvcpipe.com
    weld-on - rplastics.com
    NaOH - essentialdepot.com
    EPDM Gasket material - local pond hardware store

Looking forward to following this thread.

Havens,

Can not tell from the picture(no perspective i.e. beer can) what size the plates are. The open corners for access to the conn. for the plates is a nice set up ( mine were surounded by the HDPE dividers which was a PITA.

I am assuming you media blasted the plates. Wondering what amp you have calculated the unit to run at and the estimated LPM. Better to over size your wire and do not make the mistake I did which was use reg. wire. Use the multi (fine strand) copper like they use for high end car stereos. You will probably have to order the ring terminal connectors from granger.

Good luck, looks great

Madman