Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Build Beginnings

For an update this bipolar reactor is working very well. I reduced it to one stack for my 2.5 liter engine and even with 1/16" gaskets it is running better than I expected it to. The mmw rating doesn't concern me as much as i've noticed that i'm getting more gas out of this reactor than electrolyte flow. That is something i haven't witnessed before and i'm very impressed with so far as the unit isn't heating up even at higher amps than 1/2 amp per sq. in. So flow of gas is definitely better with the slot design, you just don't transfer as much electrolyte back into the reservoir and that can catch you off guard if you're not ready for it.

Even after running this reactor for over 13 hours i'm not seeing plate temps over 107 degrees F and electrolyte temps at 109 degrees.

Havens

Quote Originally Posted by Havens78 View Post
    For an update this bipolar reactor is working very well. I reduced it to one stack for my 2.5 liter engine and even with 1/16" gaskets it is running better than I expected it to. The mmw rating doesn't concern me as much as i've noticed that i'm getting more gas out of this reactor than electrolyte flow. That is something i haven't witnessed before and i'm very impressed with so far as the unit isn't heating up even at higher amps than 1/2 amp per sq. in. So flow of gas is definitely better with the slot design, you just don't transfer as much electrolyte back into the reservoir and that can catch you off guard if you're not ready for it.

Even after running this reactor for over 13 hours i'm not seeing plate temps over 107 degrees F and electrolyte temps at 109 degrees.

Havens
    Thank for the update...
    With my reactors, I noticed the same things as you (more than 0.5 amp per sq in. and low temperature

the key of the succes:
    - configuration +NNNNN-NNNNN+
    - SS316 plates 18 Gauges
    - 1/16" EPDM gaskets
    - media blasted plates
    - staggered input holes
    - insulated holes
    - and good cleaning and passivating process
    Civic Si 4 doors 2004, 1.7 liters V-TEC
    5N2 reactor
    CCPWM @ 7 amp
    1 Gal Capacity