Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Revive HHO Underground Information

I have one suggestion before anyone duplicates this is to ask Larry if there is any thing he would change. I will see if I can get him to answer this. With the testing he did, I am sure he will have some good advice.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

I will try and drop by with my 2 cents worth when I can. I have been so busy with my 7 year old sons Hockey that I have had to put HHO aside for a while. Beleive me when I say that in Alaska Hockey is all consuming. I will give this some thought and post what I would change.

The #1 thing I would change would be to eliminate the bolt through plate design. I know some swear by it but having done both several times I think with proper end stiffners that eliminating the bolt holes in the plate would really help sealing it up. It also eliminates possible shorting out.

#2 Instead of bolt holes as wlwctrical connections I would use slots. That way you could just drop the rod in instead of feeding it through. Other than that I would not change anything.

I will stop back later when I get more time.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

Thanks Larry for taking the time to help out. Anything you can put in will be very helpful.

Anybody else?

What happened to the CAD files that Shane posted?

Larry,

Can you explain to me how there is no current leakage with your plate design.

With the slots on top it looks like this design uses more of the plate surface than the ones with holes.

In the cells with holes the plates are alternated to keep the current leakage down.

I am just trying to understand all of this to make a decision on which way I want to go.

I know I want a dry cell but I don't know if I want a bipolar of a unipolar.

If I go with a bipolar cell will your plate design work with it as well as a unipolar cell.

Thanks

I will try and answer your questions the best I can.

First, There is no current leakage because there are no neutral or bipolar plates in the design and each stacks electrolyte is completely isolated from the adjacent stack. In a +nnnnnn- setup there is a voltage potential of 14 volts between the + and the - connected plates. The neutral plates devide the voltage. There is the potential for current to skip through the holes in the plates or even through the hoses and reservoir causing higher than need voltage creating HHO. That is very wasteful. With my design since each plate is connected to power and the voltage is split by electrical connection current leakage can't possibly happen because there is no electrical path to a higher voltage potential.

Second, Actually the slotted plates have far greater plate loss than plates with holes but increased circulation and ease of gas exit more than make up for that. Besides just size your plates for the surface area you want. The cost of the electricity will far outweigh the cost of the stainless over the life of the reactor.

Last my plate design will not be useful in a bipolar style reactor. Far too much current leakage will occur. Just a little friendly advice. For your first design do not even attempt something as complicated as the beastie was. Just do a bipolar design with neutral plates. Media blast the plates and coat the areas around your holes with weldon 16. Have fun and play with it. I am obsessed with effeciency. All and I mean All my work over the last couple of years was purely experimental. None of those many designs were ever meant for automotive use. I love the challenge of making a better mousetrap and I can afford financially to play. The beastie cost several thousand dollars to make and hours upon hours of hard work.

The other approach I might take for automotive use would be to make six small seperate devices all connected +-+-+-and hook them up in series. This would split the voltage without the complex design and minimize current leakage.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

Larry, I am going to add to this. The slots on the exit ports will work very well in a bipolar reactor but not the input port on the bottom for the reasons you mentioned.

In my testing of Unipolar reactors I have seen something that I can only explain as current leakage. The last plate in each group might be turning bipolar and with electrolyte on both sides of it there is production on the side that does not have a corresponding plate. It is not much but it is there and is not coming through the input port from the other side. This has been seen by others too.

There is a change in polarity somewhere between the last plate in one group and the first in the next group. As you know I am somewhat electrically challenged so am not sure if this is possible. One thing I can say is the use of Weldon (thanks to you for that) stops the production on the back side of the last plate in a group.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Larry,
    I'm glad you checked in, I was going to give you another day before I answered that one- didn't know if he was hot to cut plates or not, but wasn't sure what your schedule was like these days.

Carter,
    Buddy you can eliminate that little problem by using a solid gasket against the endplate and/or arranging the plates so that first & last plates in a group are the same polarity and/or giving each group its own reservoir. Many cats and many ways to skin them. (My apologies to PETA)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks guys (Larry, Carter, and Gus) for all the input.

I am planning to build a cell that will give me about 6lpm. I have a Suburban with a non-computer controlled 6.2L diesel that I want to use this on.

I will build a high quality cell but do not have alot of money for experimentation, so I need to get it right the first time. Thus all the questions.

Carter, if I build a bipolar cell could I use slots on the top of my plates and alternating holes on the bottom with Weldon? I think the slots are a great idea for utilizing the plate surface better.

I found a site last night that had a great idea for a place to mount a cell. I'm not sure about their metal end plates and I think that they're not using enough plates. Check them out and let me know what you think. Their site is http://evolutionhho.com/hho-cells

Larry, I don't think that I would ever tackle something as involved as your Beastie, I just liked your design and thought I could modify it to fit my needs. I am not married to the unipolar design and if a bipolar cell will fulfill my requirements I will be just as happy.

Gus, your stuff was the first that I saw when I found this forum. I have probably have read every post that you have made and have learned alot from them. Yes, I am hot to cut some plates, but I'm not going to until I am sure that I have every t crossed and every i dotted.

I have my own blast cabinet and have access to CNC laser cutters. So I have plate construction and prep in the bag.

I welcome any and all input that you guys have.

Thanks again,
    Monty