Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Revive HHO Underground Information

Monty, The slot on the top in both bipolar and unipolar is an excellent way to go for more than one reason. The space across the top on a hole plate is wasted and must be subtracted from active area. With a narrow slot it actually gives you more active area (less to subtract), small amount more, but some, and of course the gas does not have to hunt, bounce of the top create more pressure and lower the level of the electrolyte and reduce the active area even more to get out. Also the errant ions that do not get used by the plate are bounced off the gasket back and hit other ions of the opposite charge neutralizing them reducing production. Easy out is one of the things that really helps. It does not need to be very big either, as narrow as you can make it unless you have a huge plate. Size should be related to volume of production in the cell. Make sure you have a small brace in the center to keep the plate from possibly bending and shorting from heat or vibration. The center brace is important especially when media blasting. There is one more thing that is splitting hairs to some but I have good evidence that it does make a small difference. The slot needs to be a 1/2 inch away from the side gasket that has the power connection. By giving up this small area on the unipolar (power) plates only you have less current leakage. Even though Weldon does one heck of a job the current density that close to the source is very high. I put Weldon on that area too. Remember it is only on the unipolar/power plates. I admit it is splitting hairs but every little thing helps when added together.

I must thank both Larry and Gus for the years of help they have given me!! Two unbelievable good guys!!

Gus, the only method of stopping the small leakage that I found besides the Weldon was a full gasket as you said. The others still had the same problem but less. It is very little, not noticeable unless you are looking for it, and not a real problem but it is robbing the end cell and the first cell in the next group of a little. The full gasket created other problems and you lost the extra pocket that helped maintain more even electrolyte levels in the group without have to run in a full flooded state all the time and added heat protection which is really not necessary unless you are in a climate where ambient is over 100ºF or the reactor is located in the engine compartment where ambient can be as high as 150ºF ambient or hotter on hot days. Ambient temperature and dry air is one of the reasons I have been in California as long as I have to solve some of the problems that are related to hotter dry climates compared to the cool and extreme cold of North Dakota. The pockets on either end of the groups have proved to make a measurable difference in warmer conditions. In colder climates not so much but still enough to keep them but for different reasons. In extreme colder climates the extra electrolyte besides helping maintain levels allows you to still operate in colder ambient without freezing solid or sit longer out in the cold before things begin to get slushy and you have to push the remote starter and let the engine warm up while shopping. LOL Larry knows what I am talking about.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Yes Carter, I know about cars running at the shopping center. January was the coldest month on record in Anchorage. EVERY car at every shopping center was running. Many with keys in the ignition. A car theves paradise but no one seems to ever steal one. My 7 year old played a hockey game in a tournament 3 weekends ago at -24 ambiant with a wind chill to -48 degrees F. The kids were OK because of how they were dressed but the parents almost froze to death. I am not sure that even 28% KOH would have survived that day.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

When Media blasting use extreme caution with these thin plates. Many have given up due to warpage. Blast a little on one side then flip the plate over and blast a little on the other side. Do this over and over until you are done. Stay completely away from any media bigger than 80 grit. Never get the blast nozzel closer than about 10 inches and never run over 60 psi while blasting. If you do those things you will get good results.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

Besides what Larry has posted on media blasting I found another method to help in the warping problem. I have mine done commercially and had to teach them how to do it after they warped the test plates really bad. By cutting an X pattern on both sides which releases surface tension evenly over both sides of the plate with low pressure and then follow Larry's advise. The commercial set up has to change nozzles and pressure to cut a small (narrow) X from corner to corner on each side and then changes the the nozzle and pressure and the whole plate gets blasted with one pass. To do this very quickly makes it a two man job. He first does all the X's the extra guy (me LOL) turns things over so he does not stop. After changing nozzle and pressure again He then blasts all of them on one side and while he is doing that the other guy (getting media in every orifice of his body with a poor fitting suit) is flipping the plates over so he can blast the other side making it a quick process. I am charged by the minute so speed is very important to me. They have it down to a real quick process now. This is all done in a blasting room that two car bodies or frames can fit in at a time end to end and you are suited up from head to toe with an outside filtered air tube to breath from. There is still some minor warping on a few plates where he got to close but very little and can be straightened if you know what you are doing with out damaging the surface. 18 gauge works much better when blasting because it is much more forgiving than 20 or 22 gauge. Because of the large number of plates I have had done at a time it is reasonabley priced. In small numbers it is to expensive.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

I think that the license plate cell is a good idea. The cell will be wider than tall so the bubbles might go out faster. Also there will be alot of surface area per plate so maybe I can get the production that I need with only three stacks so it won't be as thick.

I'm sure that with plates that large I will have to have at least two places for hookup on the power plates.

Larry and Carter, thank you for the advise on blasting the plates, I will be careful.

Could you guys comment on this type of a cell design?

Thanks Monty

Here is what I think. Wider is better than taller only if you use a slot across the top. If you are going to use a hole for an exit port then taller is better. I would not put any reactor in front of the bumper. You are just asking for trouble by doing that. Even just someone backing up could damage your reactor enough to short it so when you turned it on it could explode. Mainly noise but electrolyte all over the car will be a bad thing. Behind the bumper is OK. Not in front.