Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Perfect HHO Test Bed?

Thanks for the info Madsceintist. I will have to take a look under the car. I doubt that there is anything at the back though -but I'll still check, just to be sure. Some purple blaster should clean things up nicely so I can observe the undercarriage from then on.

Somehow, I feel that my AFR is set to lean at throttle though, since HHO feels like it 'completes' the car under pressuring situations (like up steep hills). The engine also vibrates a good amount when I start it in the mornings without HHO. I checked a plug chart and found that my plug strap and center were a too clean or pure grey when I drive in traffic. If I drive more at say 40mph more often, it gets a much better colour -like in the diagrams which indicat very good burn and timing. I guess I'll have to investigate it further.

As always, the floor is open for ideas/suggestions.
    Can't get enough knowledge.

As with the oily bumper near the tailpipe. That i didn't elaborate on is that if there's a sooty dark oily area directly around the pipe, then your likely burning oil thru the engine.
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

Exclamation

Okay, time for some updates!
    Checked for oil at tailpipe and found none -gotta check under the engine now.
    Got 24.15MPG* last week with the cracked reservoir. (Think it was pushing 9amps)
    Depending on the output of the cell, get better output with HHO off. Must find the sweet spot! (Car still feels great!-Even though it's running E10 -87octane)

*iffy mileage calculation. Why?
    This week I ran into a bit of a snag. I MUST buy a set max of gas weekly. If I fail to do so, I lose the extra/excess for that week.
    I filled the tank on Sunday morning, 1 week ago -but due to better mileage, I had to leave about 2/5 of the max. I then went back for the balance on Fri. Now, when Sunday came along once again, I filled up again, leaving another balance for this current week.
    My question is: If I need to accurately calc. mileage each week, how do I do so, if I end up gassing the car twice -but only FILLING it once?

Method 1: (May, or may not be accurate.)
    Add the two amts. (total gas put into the car) for the week. (Since the first re-fuelling was only partial and the second was complete.) Divide the total miles travelled by the total gas added and get the mileage (accurate or not?)

Method 2: Put the extra into a gas container and use it when...???? (This would simplify things.)

Which method would be better so as to get accurate results? Would the stored gas get stale if kept too long? I want my precious extra gas!

Method 1 will work.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

accurate mileage

My method for mileage is the best i know of since it measures by the gallon more precisely. I keep a gas can in the trunk that has exactly 2 gallons, per the pump at the station. My car holds 15.1 gallons per the manufacture, however I prefer that when i run the car empty(completely, as in run out on the road empty). Then put the (2) gallons in and drive to the station for a fill up. As well as the (2) gallons for the can. Which tells me that my tank holds the 15.1 gallons !!! As 13.1 in the tank and 2 in the can to have my spare. SO ..................... I drive until i run out ON THE road again, and thus i have an accurate account of the mileage I've driven per tank.... Every time.
    If you go by the other method of topping off, you can't always be sure of how much you've used up to a specific point due to overfilling or underfilling. You shouldn't TOP off for a couple reasons. You take up the space that's meant for vacuum for the evap system, and if you keep that up you will fill the evap canister with gas, rendering it useless. Which in turn will cause you to consume more fuel(a small amount of vapor from gas will help to burn fuel better in the chamber then not, so don't take that away).

I've just bought a 2 gallon glass jug and will be using a fuel pump in that to measure Exactly how many miles per gallon that i can get with several different methods of using HHO and some other modifications. As to show proof I will be mounting this in plain sight in the rear seat area and it will be the only source of gasoline. I'll be using video for these new tests. So it may not be soon but will have something to show.

As i read those two methods i think neither !! If you don't fill up just partial then how much was there(do you know for sure) and how much was added ?? As well if you add the canned gas and your not empty then why ?? Also gas will store for months without a problem, just try to keep it cooler then not and sealed well. Staleness would be more than 6 months.
    Hail HHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Madsceintist View Post
    My method for mileage is the best i know of since it measures by the gallon more precisely. I keep a gas can in the trunk that has exactly 2 gallons, per the pump at the station. My car holds 15.1 gallons per the manufacture, however I prefer that when i run the car empty(completely, as in run out on the road empty). Then put the (2) gallons in and drive to the station for a fill up. As well as the (2) gallons for the can. Which tells me that my tank holds the 15.1 gallons !!! As 13.1 in the tank and 2 in the can to have my spare. SO ..................... I drive until i run out ON THE road again, and thus i have an accurate account of the mileage I've driven per tank.... Every time.
    If you go by the other method of topping off, you can't always be sure of how much you've used up to a specific point due to overfilling or underfilling. You shouldn't TOP off for a couple reasons. You take up the space that's meant for vacuum for the evap system, and if you keep that up you will fill the evap canister with gas, rendering it useless. Which in turn will cause you to consume more fuel(a small amount of vapor from gas will help to burn fuel better in the chamber then not, so don't take that away).

I've just bought a 2 gallon glass jug and will be using a fuel pump in that to measure Exactly how many miles per gallon that i can get with several different methods of using HHO and some other modifications. As to show proof I will be mounting this in plain sight in the rear seat area and it will be the only source of gasoline. I'll be using video for these new tests. So it may not be soon but will have something to show.

As i read those two methods i think neither !! If you don't fill up just partial then how much was there(do you know for sure) and how much was added ?? As well if you add the canned gas and your not empty then why ?? Also gas will store for months without a problem, just try to keep it cooler then not and sealed well. Staleness would be more than 6 months.
    Excellent! Great minds think alike. I plan on doing something similar. External fuel pump connected to an external fuel tank holding approximately 1 quart of gasoline. Will be building soon once gen is complete.

Because i see a number of cars and some times salvage a car or two, i keep some of the parts as spare or future use. I have several gas tanks with pumps, so I'm using an internal pump mounted to a lid for the glass jug. I'm running the original fuel lines through a hole in the floor for the wiring to the original tank into the back seat to the (new tank). Both lines and the vacuum vent as if it were the cars only tank, using the original wiring as well, so the car runs it the same. This may not be for anyone else to try but I'm using it as proof of no other fuel source. And it works well as a visual to see where my level is per mileage. Once done I'll have pics or video.

By the way this is a test car only and not just a family driver. Though it will be driven all the time. Its a donor from a customer for this purpose.......
    Hail HHO.

Okay! Madsceintist certainly lives up to his nam... oh! You said that you have a vehicle which was donated for this sole purpose! Now that makes sense.
    Weapon_R, what's your situation?

Many thanks for the responses -I do value them all, because I can see the sense and logic behind them (and I soooooooo love it when I can be accurate.)
    However, since this IS my daily driver/family car, I will be going with method 1 -as backed by mytoyotasucks.

It will be interesting to see the results of those tests Madsceintist.

I forgot to add that I read a recently updated article on http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/how-much-hho-should-i-use which points out that you should shoot for about 1/4 of your engine's CC rating to get the most out of HHO.
    I am very tempted to try it, since I find that my mileage is better with the unit using less amps -to a point. I am gonna try to find that sweet spot. For my 1.3L engine, that should be about 325MLPM (.325LPM).

I will report my findings after dialling in that output over the weekend. (I test via filling up at the same exact pump and gas station each Sunday morning-NO TOPPING OFF!)

Also, I wish I had extra cars and parts laying around, but I am a PC tech. My extra space is filled with computer stuff. Can't have it all can you?!

Quote Originally Posted by hhofox View Post
    Okay! Madsceintist certainly lives up to his nam... oh! You said that you have a vehicle which was donated for this sole purpose! Now that makes sense.
    Weapon_R, what's your situation?

Many thanks for the responses -I do value them all, because I can see the sense and logic behind them (and I soooooooo love it when I can be accurate.)
    However, since this IS my daily driver/family car, I will be going with method 1 -as backed by mytoyotasucks.

It will be interesting to see the results of those tests Madsceintist.
    Have a vtec integra that drinks gas like a mother. Doing repairs on it. Will then relocate battery and install a small fuel tank in the front. Run all lines fuel and return to new tank. Will be able to easily monitor fuel usage. Also installing afr meter and exhaust temp meter. Also options for fuel control. Thats it in a nutshell.