Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Perfect HHO Test Bed?

Well for myself, I use more HHO due to adjusting sensors to use less fuel so i can use more HHO.
    Since I do not run HHO in the winter(eventhough this winter was and still is mild) due to freezing. My milage went from 24 - 26 mpg with to 14 - 20 without.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

My current method of measuring mileage per tank is in my Cavalier that's driven daily and a family car(racking up more than 3000 miles per month, every month). Being given to our daughter in a month. I've also used this method on my 97 Suburban 4x4, and the family van being a Merc. villager. Works without question.

The donor is a Toyota corolla 92 model 1.8 FI auto 4 dr. so the back seats going by-by. It has a distributor to help with adjustments. In tank pump which is a bonus. Injectors also help my plans. This was a customers car that his wife wrecked and i repaired, however he bought another car during the process and we made a deal for the car to be an experimental project. So long as i could return it to its original state some day. NO PROBLEM'O !!!!!
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

Hey, does anyone else's electrolyte turn green? Mine is, and has done so in the past. Is this a bad thing? I am hoping it's not what I think it is!

Quote Originally Posted by hhofox View Post
    Hey, does anyone else's electrolyte turn green? Mine is, and has done so in the past. Is this a bad thing? I am hoping it's not what I think it is!
    Are you using any copper or brass fittings?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes! Yes I am! My reactor's input and output are made of brass! So I guess it's cause of the reaction that takes place as the electrolyte comes into contact with these fittings huh?
    I am guessing there are no bad effects right???

Thanks for the speedy response.

It will cause a coating on your stainless ! Change them to stainless or plastic.
    Hail HHO.

Are you kidding!!??!?!?!? It coats the metal? But I have seen soooooooooo many reactors with them -and I JUST switched to them too!
    Okay, thanks for the tip. Does anyone else agree?
    (I can't find angular plastic fittings in my area -or it's surroundings.)

Quote Originally Posted by hhofox View Post
    Are you kidding!!??!?!?!? It coats the metal? But I have seen soooooooooo many reactors with them -and I JUST switched to them too!
    Okay, thanks for the tip. Does anyone else agree?
    (I can't find angular plastic fittings in my area -or it's surroundings.)

That green color is the oxidation of the brass or copper, copper will oxidize extremely quick. Brass takes longer but still oxidizes the same.
    Hail HHO.

I adjusted my reactor's output to approx .5LMP @ 8amps. I may just push it down to .325, but I wanna test out something first. That happens to be 2 things actually.
    1. I attached the HHO output to the carb's ported vacuum intake, and the manifold vacuum intake so that it's always pulling HHO. I put a check valve on each line, as well as a control valve to regulate air flow. I will have to see how that turns out.
    2. Gonna try adding another gas saving technology -Hydrocarbon Cracking System. I read a whole lot on it, and it seems to do a good job of saving gas while adding more power to your engine. Also, it's quite easy to set up, with room for expansion.

I'll be sure to report any results I have.
    If anyone has any comments or questions, please feel free to post them!

Updates!

Hi everyone -it's been a long time!
    I have been messing around with HCS and just now started adding back HHO into the mix. Man! I am loving this! I changed my amp draw to approx 4AMPs and it was like my gas guage got stuck for 40+ miles! I am still checking out stuff for concrete reports, so please bear with me. The electrolyte dried out of my reservoir and the mileage went back to normal, so I am keeping an eye on things this week.

Anyway, read on if you wanna hear about my HCS setup.

I have a Toyota 2E engine which uses the crankcase breather hose to push air from the top of the engine back into the air filter assembly. (My PCV valve does not do this to such a great extent, so I switched from it to the breather hose as my air input via a "T".) I use the vacuum port on my carb to suck in the cracked mixture, HHO gases, AND regular vapourized gas. It only sucks when I step on the gas.

I had a bit of a problem with using the manifold intake to suck in the mixture. Apparently it took too much vacuum to do so, because the car would not start after I filled the bottle(s) to 1/3. (Too much liquid to suck through???) It did start when I removed the bottle and let it just suck air though.

I am very happy with the switch! The car has more power, and it gets even better when I put two bottles in series. I actually plan to put two bottles on each system, the HCS and the Gas Vapourizer (just a simple gas bubbler actually) to see if it'll give the car wings! I am gonna use fine steel wool in the bubbler to break up the bubbles.
    I will have to report the mileage with this setup this weekend.
    It's easy to do, so give it a try and see how it works out for you.
    btw.... the gas bubbler sucks the air from the atmosphere through a gas filter which I am using as an air filter.