Thread: Nothing.

Nothing.

I just installed my 21 plate drycell.

-nnnn+nnnn-nnnn+nnnn- It is 6x6 with the bolt holes on the outside of the cells versus in the middle of the gaskets. Top hole is centered as a 5/16 and bottom holes are staggered 5/16. I wired everything up and tried it out. I just used distilled water and looking for ANY bubbles in my bubbler. Nothing. is that normal without any electrolyte ? I have the Roebic from Lowes but haven't used it yet. Any advice for a new guy ? I have to admit i did a good job building this thing as a first try. For gaskets I wen't with the shower pan liner and made the whole cell from scratch.

That sounds normal. Pure water is a very poor conductor.

OK cool. Thank you

Yes Donor,Weapon_R is right. You should not get any production with straight distilled water. Let's see this cell!

I will get my wife to try and figure out how to post a pic of it. Here is what i have. It is a 21 plate 6x6 cell with the bolts 5/16 s.s all on the outside of the shower pan gasket. -nnnn+nnnn-nnnn+nnnn-. The endplates are 1/2 inch plexi and are 8''x8'' Top hole through all plates 5/16 and bottom ones are 5/16 staggered.

I just tried it the FIRST time tonight and I am a little confused here. I used 1tablespoon with 2 liters of distilled water and it pulled 20 amps. I had a lot of bubbles going on in the resevoir quite a bit actually. What I don't get is why the cell is still at room temperature after being turned on for 15 minutes without getting warm at all ? Also at first it seemed like bubbles were just about 1/2 inch around the 5/16 hole on the cell, eventually they started to branch out a little more. Does it take awhile beforethe whole cell is bubbling ? i just figured once it was turned on the whole cell would start going crazy. It's weird but for what little the cell is doing there is sure a lot of bubbles going up to the resevoir. My bubbler wasn't doing anything at all but realized the cap on my resevoir had a leak. Fixing that tonight. This is my first cell which I made from scratch . It takes a long time to make one of these. S.S. does not cut easy !

Is this Mike ? You have been my you tube idol lately.