Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brown water

Brown water

I was reading about the brown water and the smack cell and so on. A guy said he found no proof of the hexavalientchromium(?) was true. When i first started studying HHO, before i started using it i spoke to several people even emailed a person thru a NASA questions site(i was trying to see how credible the Stan Meyers story was at first, but asked some important questions while I had the chance). Took months and numerous emails to get a response. But the response was that there is that substance in the brown sludge created from electrolysis. Turns out nuclear reactors use whats called Heavy water in there cooling pools, and long term electrolysis of a body of water creates hexavalientchromium (removes unseen contaminants in water; i.e. brown sludge). THAT IS A MAJOR HEALTH CONCERN. Don't play with that sludge !
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

There is no brown sludge if you use 316L and stay withing the .5 amps per square inch of active area on one side of one plate. In the cleaning and conditioning process there is some risk of some CR6 will be formed and this electrolyte needs to be disposed of in the proper manner (delivered to toxic waste disposal site properly labled) or neutralized.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

I'm not the techie guy so videos are next to none but i did put one on you tube. I was starting my tube trials. The one in that video i started off conditioning it at 2 volts. Played with it some, but after 1 day had some discoloration, 2 days had sludge, then let it sit. It all went to the bottom after some time. But that was 30 gallons of tap water! It's all 316L, I buy it .5 mile away from me from a place that sells and installs food service systems.
    Hail HHO.

I'm not sure about that Brown stuff... havent run HHO for longer than 1 day, but I did notice my generator and the water was red within a few hours of operation. Since I overloaded it with lye(about 41/2 tbsp for 2.2L of water) I ruled it out to be the lye getting cooked from drawing too much amps. I used clean drinking water.. no tap. Stainless steel plates.. but galvanized fencing wire as electrodes.

Could it be what I first thought or may that be cause from the galvanized steel?.

Galvanized

BAD idea, dude. That's a chemical coating on there as well, it's used to keep the metal from rusting or corroding.
    Hail HHO.

try using distilled water instead of tap water, with electrolye of course

Thanks man... I was having my doubts about that galvanized wire. I bought some stainless steel wire to use as electrodes.. I am attempting to run that straight through the fuse and switch to the battery and avoid using wires... Is this a bad idea?
    Had a few overheating issues with copper wire... then again it was thin speaker wire.
    Ive re-sanded down my plates and re assembled them.. just gotta make the whole thing air-tight and remake my bubbler and commence test drive # 2. which I expect to be longer than the first which was just a few hours at producing half a litter per minute and yet saw a noticeable difference in power and mileage. Can't wait to get this done.

Quote Originally Posted by Madsceintist View Post
    BAD idea, dude. That's a chemical coating on there as well, it's used to keep the metal from rusting or corroding.

Stainless to the battery? I guess if you want and can afford it. I actually wondered if that would make a difference in the flow of electrons myself? But simple 2-12 insulated and 12 gauge automotive from home depot is what i use. 2-12 to my gen from the relay, 12 gauge automotive to the battery, but i run my ground straight to the alternator bracket(less system electronics pull). I'm also working on an secondary power source that only runs while the cars in motion but will charge a secondary battery where as the cars system wont be involved except for some interaction from sensor outputs.
    Hail HHO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqgQv...-6TZm397gUuLpm
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmjjg View Post
    try using distilled water instead of tap water, with electrolye of course

I was using distilled. It seems most people are using electrolytes of some kind, mostly KOH, and i had used some for a very short time but I actually found that i got the same out of plain tap. Just spiked the amps over 50 then drop back to 2 amps and my cell works likes its running at 50 amps(don't know why yet but I'm working on that!).
    I have a video on youtube with my long tubes in a drum doing the same as my short tubes in my gen.(will try to post that here somehow).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqgQv...-6TZm397gUuLpm
    I need to learn not to leave the videos listed as "from my phone". Sorry for the side views for videos, not my doing!
    Hail HHO.

I bought some stainless steel tie wire.. about 30 ft. Of it at ace hardware.. home depot(place were I work) sells it too. I was thinking on grounding the same as you are.. if i start the genny 1 minute before I start my car it will either struggle to start or kill the battery. Could also be my battery going bad or a bad ground on my alternator to begin with. Hopefully I will have this in my car within a week.. I've been very busy and will be even more busy in the weeks to come.

All i know is this thing works.. and a little trial and error never hurt nobody..... right?
    LOL