I wanted to play around with a PWM and found the site:

http://www.pwmpower.com/davelawtonpwm.html

I ordered a 30 amp kit with voltmeter and LEDs from them on 17 Jun 08. I ordered the kit thinking that it would ship faster than if I ordered something that required them to build it. Ha! Total cost with S/H - $182.96 Paid in full via Google checkout.

On 21 Jun 08 I sent an email requesting info on when I could expect it to ship... No answer.

On 27 Jun 08 I sent another email... The reply I got back stated that I should call them to find out the status of my order.

28 June - 2 July I made several attempts to call (during their duty hours) and got the answering machine. Left a message several times for a call back... No call back ever happened.

3 July Finally got someone on the phone! They stated that my order had a hold on it and asked if I had put a hold on my order ?!? Nope! He said they would ship it out immediately.

8 July Received an email from Google checkout that my item has shipped. It took 5 days from my phone call to finally get it shipped??? Well maybe they are busy, so ok...

16 July My package has arrived... Well sorta... It is missing half the components required to make a PWM. It did include all the capacitors, fixed resistors, and the box it was to be built in. It was missing all but one diode, one of the meters, four potentiometers, the LEDs, and the Mosfet. The kit came with a real nice printed circuit board, but there wasn't any sort of circuit layout to explain where the components were supposed to go on the board. They did include a copy of the d14.pdf that can be found on the internet. This is a basic description of PWMs and in no way should be considered an instruction manual as it doesn't have any instructions of the extra circuits that I bought in this kit (output voltmeter or LEDs.)

16 July Thinking that a phone call would never happen, I sent an email explaining what was missing from the kit.

21 July As luck would have it, I was able to get through on the phone. I explained my situation and directed them to the email I sent... ended up sending it again as they can't see the email sent to sales@pwmpower.com even though that is the email they have on there site as the contact email. They told me they would send out the missing items...

4 Aug I am still waiting... sent an email to tami.kennedy@pwmpower.com (the one I talked to on the phone 21 July) will wait to see if I get a response...

Has anybody ever dealt with this company before? I am considering sending a complaint to the Better Business Burrow.