Thread: First HHO attempt (2004 Subaru WRX)

Talking First HHO attempt (2004 Subaru WRX)

hey guys, i'm going to post a bunch of stuff in this thread showing the progress of my HHO attempt on 2004 subaru wrx.

Baseline mpg is about 23-24 highway but for some reason closer to 20 during winter (maybe the refinerys use diff formula gasoline for cold weather)

First post shows the dry cell i put together. Check out the pics

Good job, did you do anything to the plates first? Media blast, or coat the holes with Weldon 16 by any chance?

For a first time build that is great. Good Job! "D"

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaline View Post

Baseline mpg is about 23-24 highway but for some reason closer to 20 during winter (maybe the refinerys use diff formula gasoline for cold weather)

d=1328840569[/IMG]

Correct refinery's do use a different formula in cold months. Fuel evaporates less in winter. And you may want to use more quality fuels. Quick Trip beats Race Track, by far. BP is nice, and Shell, but go to corporate stores as much as possible! I put in $40. worth at Racetrack, and got a lot less mileage then i ever have. As well i have water in my tank. This happened in 2 cars of mine, I refuse to go to a Race Track. I only use Pilot or Quick Trip myself, but when your out and you might have to walk, well ...........
    Nice work, by the way.
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

I didn't do anything crazy to the plates prior, other than sanding the **** out of them w 80 girt sandpaper. Spent about 45 min sanding 13 plates (each side) prior to assembly. Excitied to post next pics.

Wired up my relay today and ran the hose to the air intake. Still waiting to find a clamp amp to measure eff values mmw

Plates measure 4x6 and the cell is pulling 14.amps right now. I might add some more dist water to get that down to 12 amps. Once complete I will measure litres per minute output and start collecting mpg data. Also orderd an HHO chip to keep the engine running happy

check back soon!