Thread: Newbie on hho

Newbie on hho

Guys hi from greece.

As you just see i am a newbie and coming to this fora for the free knowledge..

I started reading some days ago and i seeinmg a lot of infos. But there are some things i wou;d like to hear it to get them cleared for me.

My english are not goot so i apologize dor that and i hope that you ll get the meaning of what i am trying to learn.

So first things first.

Catalyte . I saw that many of you use the KOH and not baking soda . I can undersatnd that it is better cause it doesnt leave and garbage in the plates or wet cell and has the ability to produce much easier ( temps and amperes) hydrogen. Is that right ? Did i get the advantages of the KOH ?
    I am getting a lot of brown water in the generator. Is this has something to do with the baking soda i am using ?

If yes then i want to use it but i am afraid. See there are some kids walking around the house and in the garage and i have heard that if KOH come on the human body it is certain that it will hurt a lot. ANd on the other hand i am not that carefull when i am working.
    So is this really bad ? When it comes to yourself what do you prefer and why ?

Filter

Which is the best way to filter the hydrogen . The vinegar solution helps ? I am concernig about other chemicals too. Meaning that i am using some two components epoxy from permatex and i am thinking that maybe the exhaust gas concludes more than hho. In this case which is the best contain for a filter ?

PWM.

when i come to this it really heart me . I am trying to find any plans for constructiong a cheap pwm . I already found a guy from this forum with some tube videos and a site with some plans . I send all of them to a friend who deals with electrics electronics cause i dont have any idea in any of these two. The problem is that the plans i ve found are some kind of automatic keeping the amps and temp on what you ve "told" it to.
    I would prefer to have a button or something so i lll be able to play during the production of hho. Do you have something in mind ?

And last but not least: Cells and generators

I ve constructed until now two generators; one wet cell testing and producind a small amount of hydrogen at >4amps and another one dry cell which is ready to be tested.

I cant say which one is better than other i think that both of them have +- .
    But there are some things that i cant understand. The neutral plates that almost everybody use helping only on the temp issues? Also when it come to volts per plate do i have to divide all of the plates ( negaticve neutral possitiv ) or only the pos and neg ?

What the thickness of the plates have to do with the generator production? I prefer thick sheets as 1.5 mm and more ( gauge 16 - 11 ). Except the weight and volume problems are there any others with that ?

Finally i like to ask a kind of silly question. Are you satisfied by going in the chapter hho? I am trying to tell that there is a lot of study a lot of hours on practice and etc. When it comes to an end the results leaves you happy enough to keep on going or you have ur thoghts ?

apologies for the big post; happy to be in this community not becasue of the hydrogen but because of the people who likes to seek.

Be well guys,
    Pavlos

Hey I can help

In a dry cell neutral plates act as resistors. So lets say that you apply 12 volts to this cell
    +n-
    In this cell the voltage between the first and last plates still equals twelve, How ever if you measure the voltage between the first and second plates it will be six volts. the voltage between the second and third plates will also be 6 volts. The voltage between plates we are aiming for when producing HHO however is 2.2 volts so in order to achieve this, +nnnn- there will need to be four neutral plates in between positive and negetive plates. Voltage divided by ALL plates Without the neutral plates the extra energy will simply produce heat which is something we dont want. I strongly reccomend watching this video by hhoconnection
    (on another note is is commonly agreed upon that dry cells are far more efficient then wet cells.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDjyIvza6Yc

Now as for filtering, depending on what you intend on useing the HHO you produce for I wouldnt worry too much about filtering it will still combust just fine, and if your concerned about filtering just build a bubbler with special solution in it. Some do say that vinegar works very well.

PWM(pulse width Modulation)

PWMs can be quite difficult to build if you do not have the required knoledge so if in any way possiable purchase one online.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HHO-PWM-Puls...item2319a574ca

They range anywhere from 20 to over a hundred dollars just search ebay.

As for whether KOH is dangerous I'm not quite sure but i know its definatly poisonous

Some more questions.

First of all thanks for the reply.

Now i have some problems .

First i would like to ask if there is anybody here who uses pumps for the circulation of the water. In my second punp due to a wrong construction it keeps the 2/3 of its volume in water and the other one fills with hydrogen. Something else i am seeeing is that the water comes out from the entrance .

So is there a solution on using a pump ?

Something else . I intend of using some hdpe tubes with a diameter of 3" for bublers and container. The problem is that i cant find a glue that can bond hdpe well enough . What do you use ? Is the epoxy a solution ?

ANd last some guys use more than 10 plates . If i divide this with 13.8v it comes to 1.3v per plate . That is way down from the 2.2v per plate. So how it produce hydrogen at this volt ?

Finally have anyone here used hydrogen on a turbo diesel vw ?

Thanks in advance guys.

Place to get sensor information

Hi, I have used this site to get information on which sensor add-ons a car would need to run with HHO. Try it and see what happens.

http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/sensor-request-form

First test.

Here i am again guys.

I finally completed my first 2 generators . Now i am just playing with them . So i would like to ask this. I have an old 2cv with a 602cc engine. Measuring the quantity of hho that i ve produced i got .75l per minute . So i ve installed that in my car just to see what is going to happen, but i did notice a small change at the idle ( meaning it was more stable) .

Is that all or i am doing something wrong..? I mean i was thinking that when i would installed the generator then the idle of the engine would be raised a bit.

Both of the generators have been made of ss 316l they are dry cells the first one cylindrical with 4 cels and the other one 2"x4" 1/16 width with two halls for the water and rectangular cuts for the hho to escape. The second one is a 10 cell +n-n+n-n+n- . I have a problem with the power supply and yesterday got my amp meter burned. So today after 4 teaspoons of baking soda and around 3 liters of distilled water connected it to the car's battery and got the results above.

I am read to build my first big generator and i still don't get this with the 6 cells or the 12 cells or even with the 18cells generators. I mean i don't know a lot about science but the 18 cell generator doesn't get less voltage per plate than the one with the 7 plates and 6 cells ?

Thanks once moere for the tips and answers.

I also didnt used any bubbler or filter at the short test.

602CC...is that correct? Did you mean 1602CC? Check that again pls.

Let's keep this simple. If you are using this on a car....

• Configure plates as -NNNNNN+
    • Use NaOH (caustic soda or drain opener) OR KOH for electrolyte mixture.
    • Produce at least 1/2 your engine CC in HHO -more if carbed.
    • Do some more research -here and at the site I posted above.

Include amps used,etc when you get the results, please.

Quote Originally Posted by hhofox View Post
    602CC...is that correct? Did you mean 1602CC? Check that again pls.
    Yes it si correct. A citroen 2CV 602cc of 1983 similar to citroen visa engine .

[*]Produce at least 1/2 your engine CC in HHO -more if carbed.
    that means that i have to get 300 lpm ?

Include amps used,etc when you get the results, please.
    [/QUOTE]

My amp meter got burned. Tomorrow i ll buy a new one.

Personally, I have found that you start to see good results at about 70% or your max CC rating when using a carb, so .400+ LPM should give you good results. If you are maing more already, then set up a spreadsheet and start keeping track of your mileage. That way, you can see what effect the HHO is really having at different levels of production.

My amp meter almost burned a while back too -before I started to do HHO though. Gotta obey the time limits printed on the meter when testing amps.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaou² View Post

The second one is a 10 cell +n-n+n-n+n- . I have a problem with the power supply and yesterday got my amp meter burned. So today after 4 teaspoons of baking soda and around 3 liters of distilled water connected it to the car's battery and got the results above.
    By running (+N-N+N-N+N-), you're supplying approximately 6.9 volts per cell. This is way too high! Change it to (+NNNNNN-). This will give you 1.97 volts per cell, which is just about perfect.

You have 8 sq.in. of surface area. so limit your amperage to 4.

As hhofox stated, use NaOH or KOH. Baking powder is a lousy electrolyte, and it produces chlorine gas.

For your engine, you only need to produce about 300 cc's of gas per minute.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Back again..!

Hi guys. I ve done some progress since that post some months ago and came here to share with you .

The citroen got out of use due to a damage on the gearbox but i started again with my hho experiements a while ago.

Since then i install a hho system to a friend's suzuki wagon r 1300cc 16v and after that ( that one took me some time ) i am running two weeks now an installation to my turbo diesel.

On the the wagon r i installed a generator as the one you ve told me with one stack and 6 cells.

It gave me about a liter down meaning that it went from 9.55l/100 to 8.1l/100km.

I dont know about the quality of that measurement but we did some more after that that was about 1l less.

The generator was working on 4amps and the i used a pump that took another one.

I am pretty happy with the results as they are cheap installations and promising enough.

I ll try to post some photos untill tomorrow.

It is a pleasure to be back guys,
    be well.