Thread: plate count

plate count

I have my first dry cell done .Seems to work great after some experimenting and advise from you guys.Heres the design.+nnnn-nnnn+nnnn-.My question is this.I hear that maximum performance is with a plate count around 5 or 6 because this produces 2vdc between the nuetrals.I have four plates and my vdc is 1.7 using plenty o naoh.I'm producing 1lpm of gas no heat and my plates (exposed area) is 4x6.Any reason to change anything.

If you are only reading 1.7v between plates and you are running 4 neutrals (5 plate gaps) then that means you are only sending 8.5 volts to the cell. That seems weird to me. What voltage reading are you getting at the positive and negative terminals of the cell? I am assuming you are using a 12v power supply of some sort, right?

I'm getting @ 15v at the cell seems wierd to me also unless I have stumbled onto something.I'm using 304 mirror stainless.I'm getting no percipitate.The catalyst is clear.Not sure what solution concentration.Don't have an amp meter yet.Thanks

just double checked everything some pics also.The brown tint is because its sitting on a piece of discolored plywood.Thanks

Correction 16v

Also one side has a bit better production than the other.

Do you think there is anyway the mirror stainless could be helping with production?Allowing the gas to escape faster.It sure doesn't stay in the cell long.If all this is correct this means I should be able to run higher amps with less heat issues.I may be able to get 2lpm out of this cell we'll see what happens?Thanks again

More photos.The blue jar is water injection.Not part of the reactor.

Dan -

I'm sorry but that math does not add up. Are you sure about the voltage between plates. Have you gone all the way across the cell, testing between all the plates, two at a time?

Thanks got it sorted out.Note to self don't forget to turn the switch on volt meter.0 to 10 10 to 50.Hmmmmm.Thanks again