Thread: which is a better way?

which is a better way?

Im wondering if it is better to add KOH to my dry cell until I can pull the amps I want or should I max the ammount of KOH and use my PWM to stop the amps from going higher than I want? If you have an answer, please give a reason/s why. thanks

There is two schools of thought in this matter.

A) Is that the max KOH will lower the resistance and the reactor will then run more efficient being controlled by a PWM.

B) Is with a lower amount of KOH using only the amount you need to pull the amps your plates are designed for, the efficiency is higher.

Using MMW as the measure I have found in my reactor that B is the case. Now in winter I have no choice but to use full strength and use a PWM. I have tested this with the same reactor with every thing being the same at least as close as possible. Ambient within 2ยบ F. What I did find is that the operating temperature was lower in the B than A over a 1 hour test. I would really like to here from others who have done a similar test though. One persons test is not enough. I have done the test more than once under different ambient conditions with interesting results which I am still studying.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

thanks. anyone else have any thoughts?