Thread: New here...need some guidance

New here...need some guidance

I'm new to these forums and just looking for some clarification on some things.

I have been researching for a while, but never really took the leap to actually do all of this. I was planning on making a dry-cell HHO generator. I understand that this is more efficient than a wet-cell generator.

I currently own a 2001 Nissan Xterra 3.3L and a 1996 Ford Ranger 2.3L. I would also like to help my friend set up a 1997 Ford Explorer 4.0L.

First of all, I am concerned about running the fuel/air mixture too lean on my everyday driver. I don't want to cause any damage. So with this all in mind, can you help me understand what I need for this job?

I am a little confused about PWM, EFIE, MAF enhancers etc.

Do I need a PWM for my dry cell? If so, do you have any recommendations?

I am pretty sure I need an EFIE, but do I also need an MAF enhancer? Or can I just use an EFIE? How many of these things do I need?

I found this on eBay...does it look like a decent product?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HHO-Digital-...ht_5068wt_1345

Thanks for all your help guys. I understand the basic concepts behind most of this, but I am a little confused about the electronics part of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A pwm is to control the amperage that the cell draws - i dont use one, I mix my KOH to control the amps.

To bring the most out of HHO, youll need a few toys.
    1 - Dual EFIE to mod the O2 sensors
    2 - Map sensor enhancer

and more HHO, and you can read the exaust temp through the OBDII port or put in a pyro gauge.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

Thanks for the help! I wasn't aware of the MAP sensor enhancer being a crucial part to this. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.