Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My crossroads !

Recall that there is a sweet spot voltage-wise, for quality HHO production. On a car, you end up in that sweet spot when you have 5-6 neutrals more readily.
    You should do some mileage tests with the two setups to see the difference it makes, as well as testing for heat.
    It really does seem like you wanna re-invent the wheel though.
    To each his own.

As far as milkeage tests go it takes time to take the unit out , rebuild it and install it and do test drives . Again, I have never had heat !!! Well if 5-6 neutrals are better then why did I have more production with 4n instead ? It was hard to keep the amps down but I got 1lpm in 26 seconds with no fog vapor at all. And nobody can tell me it is steam after going through a resevoir and bubbler as well as the cell being room temp. If I ran a 6n then my concentrate would be paste. I stll want to know what the vapor cloud is with the NaOH.

Hey, just to be sure, turn on your vehicle, then use a voltmeter to test, at the battery poles, what the voltage is. Please make sure to do this while the car is running. Also, do the same test with the car off, then post the results pls.

Also, where are you located? What is the temp outside?

Thirdly. Unless you have a proper bubbler, scrubber, filter, or so on to clean the HHO coming out of the reactor, you will get the white vapour. When I installed a bubbler, over 11" in height, the vapour became invisible. It is even more effective with vinegar in the mix and especially so if you have an air-stone or diffuser in the bubbler to break up the large bubbles as they rise.

How tall is that OJ bottle which you use for your bubbler? Can we have some pics please?

Well I junked the O.J bottle. Right now I made a bubbler with 1 1/2 ID clear tubing about 16 inches long in St.Louis and still had the vapor. 400 miles later once I got home there was white residue in my throttle body and all around my hoses which were very clamped tight. I just got done making it the 21 plate again. I will use the vinegar and some kind of air stone. The cell has been outside in 35 degree weather and in my 60 degree garage. The cell does not get warm, when it is started or used for 5 hours.

Deal with the requests below, and we'll be able to help out.
    The fact that you STILL get the vapour means something is amiss.

use a voltmeter to test, at the battery poles, what the voltage is. Please make sure to do this while the car is running. Also, do the same test with the car off, then post the results pls.
    Unless you have a proper bubbler, scrubber, filter, or so on to clean the HHO coming out of the reactor, you will get the white vapour. When I installed a bubbler, over 11" in height, the vapour became invisible. It is even more effective with vinegar in the mix and especially so if you have an air-stone or diffuser in the bubbler to break up the large bubbles as they rise.
    Can we have some pics please?

One last comment on your mist. If this mist is coming out of your bubbler and your bubbler has cleaned most or better all the electrolyte from the HHO/mist then this could be a cold fog. In that case, if it does not condense in the line going to the engine and stays mixed with the HHO it could be a good thing. Lots of ifs. The most important is if the bubbler is cleaning the electrolyte out enough.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by Donor View Post
    Well I junked the O.J bottle. Right now I made a bubbler with 1 1/2 ID clear tubing about 16 inches long in St.Louis and still had the vapor. 400 miles later once I got home there was white residue in my throttle body and all around my hoses which were very clamped tight. I just got done making it the 21 plate again. I will use the vinegar and some kind of air stone. The cell has been outside in 35 degree weather and in my 60 degree garage. The cell does not get warm, when it is started or used for 5 hours.
    nice to see you made a legit bubbler

the clamped hose having white residue says to me that there has been line blockage at some point? being that its almost freezing out side this seems very realistic. the excess pressure has to go somewhere. If the residue is there, the electrolyte is traveling with the HHO gas :/ more scrubber/bubbler action needed

nice to know the cells not getting warm but the less nuetral plates you use, the higher the voltage between plates and you lose some electricity to heat. Maybe the cells capable of 15 degree temp rising but maybe more plates might get you to 5 degree rising

Well this clear hose bubbler sucks lol. Both sides are capped and glued with fittings on it. Problem is i have no way to drain or fill it. Time for something new ! I went back to my 21 plate 4n instead of my 19 plate 5n which was suggested to replace my 21. I hated the 19 cause it was taking 4-5 tablespoons to hit 20-25 amps versus my 21 which is at 4 teaspoons and pulling like 30 amps which i need to dilute a little by the way. The fog is way less but I haven't even gone through a bubbler yet so that should definately take care of the problem. I did not like the extreme vapor from the 19 due to the fact I had to dump SO much NaOH in it to pull amps. When i started with 2 teaspoons in a 2 liter bottle I was already at 10amps. I know I need to dilute the concentrate but it is definately pumping HHO in the resevoir with little effort and less chemical.

I doubt you are using to much NaOH and that is not causing the fog. A lot of people use 2 lbs per gallon on a 19 plate reactor, of course with a PWM and have no problems. Your system is just not set up right. You need a bigger reservoir for one thing and a separate good bubbler. The amount of fog is not created by haveing 19 plates or the electrolyte. In fact 4 n's will never be as good as 5 or 6 N's. That is a simple fact. To much wasted energy.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

I agree with myoldyourgold.
    Set up some proper stuff, and then you will start to see some good results. That vapour can do a number on your engine parts, so don't take it lightly!
    Also, you end up having more control over the AMPS your cell uses (important) when you have to add NaOH in greater quantities, since you can add a bit at a time and see the subtle changes. This beats having the AMPs jump up when you add just a little NaOH to your mixture.
    Please do some proper tests - or you will see what happens when summer comes along and the cold weather isn't around to save you from thermal runaway.