Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP!!!!! Im a newb

also i know it is running less than 20 amps because i have an inline fuse in my car runing from the alternator to the cell

Quote Originally Posted by dswareagle View Post
    it is 12 coils and each about 5 feet of positve and the same for negative more pictures attached u can see my connects on top are not straigh anymore because at it melted the acrylic it coil pulled them out of square with the lid
    OK, it's two coils, a positive and a negative, with twelve turns each, not twelve coils. But that's not even relevant- what's relevant is that you are running about 13.8V through only two electrodes. I wish I could reach through the screen and b-yotchslap the sellers and youtube morons that are still promoting wet cells, spiral wire cells and so forth. They either don't care or have no idea the dis-service they do by continuing to even show those things. People see them and say "Oh wow! I could build that!" Unfortunately, people don't realize that a wet cell is only good for a 5th. graders science fair project to show one of the ways to make H2.
    Salvage what bits you can from it and rinse the jar out to keep nuts and bolts in. If you are still interested in building a real electrolyser, let us know- we're glad to help...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

well it was my first cell and i wanted to just test my design skills and see if i could actually do it plus see if it actually worked since htere was so much talk of scam on the net and stuff. i know that wet cells are old school i made one at work will some batteries paperclips and water and salt but like i said it was just a project to try it out and was hoping it would work well enough to attach to my car and see if it helped gas mileage or made it run better since 200k is coming up plus i built that thing for like 40 bucks and was worried that all these dry setups are soooo expensive and im a college kid

It's cool, I understand budgets, that's for sure. So now you know it really makes HHO. What year car and what size engine? We can probably fix you up for minimum bucks if you drive an older car, but if it's got an engine management computer then your reactor will probably be the cheapest part of the system, sorry..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Man! I remember starting out with that Water4Gas wet cell setup! It did a bit of good, but as everyone else said, a dry cell is the way to go. I read up on stuff at this site http://2hho.com/hho_plans.htm then took off from there, eventually making my own dry cell. The difference is like night and day-you'll understand what the forum members here are saying! Just look around, and be creative so you can build a inexpensive reactor for your car. If the car has a computer though, things can get a bit more involved.

BTW... nice looking wet-cell you got there. You can use it for demo purposes.

i drive a 1999 chevy astro so its got ecu just not to the extent of the newer cars its a 6 cyl 4.3L like i said before im a college kid and going back and forth to school and work kills me on gas in that clunker and its also right up at 200k miles and was hoping some hho would improve the longevity aswell asgas mileage so im all ears on gettin an hho system that would help that car and be in my budget

stop wasting time with this wet cell in here and start making your dry cell already!!!

haha ok how big of a cell do i need and where can iget the materials to make one?