Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP!!!!! Im a newb

HELP!!!!! Im a newb

so i have an acrylic container like u would store coffee in i have my contacts going through the top my problem is that my system is running very hot and the contacts are melting the acrylic im running an old style coil setup with 3/16 stainles cable coiled through acrylic plate to hold everything together my wires are getting supper hot and it is getting very warm and the contacts burned the hell out of me and are melting through the container please help me

Quote Originally Posted by dswareagle View Post
    so i have an acrylic container like u would store coffee in i have my contacts going through the top my problem is that my system is running very hot and the contacts are melting the acrylic im running an old style coil setup with 3/16 stainles cable coiled through acrylic plate to hold everything together my wires are getting supper hot and it is getting very warm and the contacts burned the hell out of me and are melting through the container please help me
    Please take better photos of that steam bomb so that I may criticize it more thoroughly and with greater precision...

Something to think about- My house is pale yellow and trimmed with blue, it has 200 amp service. How much grass seed will I need so I don't have to pay taxes this year?

Yeah, I know, I'm a jerk... Do you think you could answer a question like you have asked based on the information that you have given us? No. So try again and include better photos. For the life of me it looks like you have one big coil with both ends connected to terminals ala resistance heating elements...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by BioFarmer93 View Post
    Please take better photos of that steam bomb so that I may criticize it more thoroughly and with greater precision...
    Something to think about- My house is pale yellow and trimmed with blue, it has 200 amp service. How much grass seed will I need so I don't have to pay taxes this year?

Yeah, I know, I'm a jerk... Do you think you could answer a question like you have asked based on the information that you have given us? No. So try again and include better photos. For the life of me it looks like you have one big coil with both ends connected to terminals ala resistance heating elements...
    rofl
    I was thinking the very same thing.

no it is a two coil setup i dont have any other pics just took that one with my phone what other info do u want?

Putting 13.8 volts through two wires is almost the same as one wire. Still is a good heater. Try it with just 2 volts and see how well it works. Still a very inefficient way to make HHO. Search this forum for Dry Cells and you will find some good information and get you away from the hot water maker.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by dswareagle View Post
    no it is a two coil setup i dont have any other pics just took that one with my phone what other info do u want?
    OK, fine... Just take some more photos with that phone, from different angles and so on. Info? How about stuff like: how much voltage are you trying to run through that thing? Also amperage, what do you figure the square inches of surface area are on those two coils? Is this just to look at the pretty bubbles, or are you seriously considering putting this in a vehicle? (Don't!) Are you attempting to go where no man has gone before, or did you skip over ALL THE OTHER POSTS that in effect say "Wet cells are useless inefficient dangerous wastes of money and time"- actually was not paraphrasing there...
    Yeah, I know I'm kinda bustin' your huevos here, but typically noobs do a little research before they re-invent the water heater.

You definitely will want to take advantage of our lovely archive... I would say go back 50 or 60 pages, take two aspirin, and call us when your head stops spinning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Man I was bored.

I got bored and decided to guestimate a couple things about the system at hand. Mainly because I am bored and can't sleep. I am not saying I agree with this method but to each their own and sometimes you work with what you have and I can understand that.

The cell looks to me to be A coil length of about 30 inches. Given about 3 inches diameter per coil and 6 coils + and 6 coils -.

wire diameter of 3/16"

giving a total surface of approx 8.83 sq. inches.

Given .5 amps per square inch that's 4.4 amps. Maximum.

Now given that we automatically assume that its running 12 volts on bench or 13.8 in a car you need from 6 to 7 of these running in series to achieve little to no heat. This is because depending who you ask you need from 1.7-2.1 volts per gap. For you each wet cell acts as a gap. Then you need to keep that amps under 4.4 amps providing my estimates are even close to your measurements of the unit.

But at the end you would only have an output of MAYBE if you are lucky around, .25 lpm based on 6 in series for a 12 volts giving a theroetical mmw of 4.73 which is not a good mmw but its also a high estimate.

I know no one else will agree with my estimates but I am mearly using the picture he provided and having a little fun with scaling and my digital caliper. Given that the jar seems to be about 4 inches around. The rest I can figure out by estimating from the formulas I have found on here.

Also ALL my estimates are assuming an electrolyte like KOH, NaOH.

One last thought is, 316L stainless is not 3/16" its a type of stainless steel not a measurement. I dont know if thats why the 3/16" was used but its just something to keep in mind.

Hi ho there, I only joined yesterday but I'll help you if I can.
    1st You haven't stated the voltage & current you're passing through the electrolyte.

SS wire will not work very well. You only need 2 volts to start electrolysis happening. Any more, and the energy is wasted as heat, which seems to be your problem. 2 volts is achieved by adding "neutral plates" between the + and - electrodes. You cant do this with wire, you need plates of SS. Look at you tube hho dry cell and learn how to make 1 of these type cells. You will also make a lot of brown water by using wire so drop that idea. ?Hope I have helped, good luck.

Science has proven that electrolysis of water will begin around a minimum of 1.2 volts. Some have seen it as low as .75 volts under certain conditions. Because of the need for enough HHO to make it worth while there are some trade offs and 1.97 volts to 2.3 volts seem to work well in most reactors and is pretty standard in vehicles.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

it is 12 coils and each about 5 feet of positve and the same for negative more pictures attached u can see my connects on top are not straigh anymore because at it melted the acrylic it coil pulled them out of square with the lid