Thread: What IS the proper number of plates?!?!?!?

What IS the proper number of plates?!?!?!?

so it seems clear that more plates equals greater efficiency in a dry cell. But when does this stop? Im about to put together my stack with 6 nuetral plates in each cell so I need to know.

are we all supposed to be aiming for 2 volts? 1.7 volts? 1.25 volts??!?!? why is everyone saying different things?!??!?! I just want to know what voltage between plates im supposed to be shooting for!!!!! I dont want to make heat, I want to make HHO!!!

sorry for all the exclamation points. Im clearly getting frustrated

6 N plates is as far as you can go to make any useful gas. after that the reactor will not pull enough amps in a standard dry cell setup. "D"

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
    6 N plates is as far as you can go to make any useful gas. after that the reactor will not pull enough amps in a standard dry cell setup. "D"

no offense but since you havent provided voltages or reasons, I dont feel comfotable with your opinion right now. There have been a number of "fools" on here. Please explain further

If you take 13.8 volts and divide it by 7 you get 1.97 volts per plate gap. The voltage at the reactor also drops as you place a load on the charging system. To much load and the volt drop to below 1.9. Lower than that voltage is the harder it is to make the gas because the elite can only draw so many amps at that voltage. Max elite percentage is 28% that is roughly 3.25 pounds to a gallon of distilled water. You can run 1/16" gaskets to give you a few more amps as some are doing here.

I prefer to run a 5N setup and use a PWM instead. I also design my reactor for the amount of gas I need depending on engine size.

One thing to keep in mind is that there is allot of talk going around about using allot less gas then what was orignally though to be the standard of 500ML HHO to each liter displacement of the engine. Tunning seems to be where it is at and the quality of HHO being produced. "D"