Thread: Why vary input holes

Why vary input holes

So ive seen a number of times now dry cells with the input holes going left and then right and so on with weldon to stop current leakage. Im all for the weldon to change the paths of least resistance but why are these people varying the holes back and forth? seems like it's more efficient to have straight holes. The only thought I could think was to stop the "mud" from settling at the base of the cell but then apparently 316L, without exceeding .5 amps per square inch, shouldnt have "mud" anyway so what gives?!?!

Offsetting input ports and the use of Weld-on forces the errant ions to give up on their stray journey and find the intended path, which because of the added distance is the path of least resistance.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    Offsetting input ports and the use of Weld-on forces the errant ions to give up on their stray journey and find the intended path, which because of the added distance is the path of least resistance.
    so far YOUre the only one who Ive been able to trust on here. That being said, I feel like theres something wrong with that logic I plan on using weldon on my new cell around the holes and I think that staggering the holes may lead to uneven distribution( as the electrolyte flows from front to back it will be used up until its at the back of the cell and by that point may be used up?)

I was planning on tilting my cell so its like a diamond "<>" and having the holes on the very bottom and top to make sure the electrolyte is evenly distributed throughout ALL the plates. What do you think of this idea?

so far YOUre the only one who Ive been able to trust on here. That being said, I feel like theres something wrong with that logic I plan on using weldon on my new cell around the holes and I think that staggering the holes may lead to uneven distribution( as the electrolyte flows from front to back it will be used up until its at the back of the cell and by that point may be used up?)

I was planning on tilting my cell so its like a diamond "<>" and having the holes on the very bottom and top to make sure the electrolyte is evenly distributed throughout ALL the plates. What do you think of this idea?
    Well I surly do not profess to have all the answers but do have some of them. In most cases I share information that I have tested with my own hands but in some cases I use other members on this forum that have a lot more information in some areas that I do not or ever could have and are very trust worthy.

I can tell you this that there is more to the staggered input ports than just current leakage. The complete testing on the additional benefits are being tested and so am not able to give you the details. I think that if you understand the inner workings of ion movement you will see that the input ports should be thought more as balance ports and not something to flow liquid through. In a bipolar reactor a straight though path is only if you are going to run the reactor in a continual flooded state and even with weldon there will be additional leakage forcing you to run in the inefficient flooded state. There is even a difference in the quality of gas because of it.

The diamond shape has been tested by many and I have also tested it to compare and this is what I have found. It is not like one might think. What happens is the gas and errant ions start bouncing off the two sides (top half of the diamond) looking for the exit port. So only the bubbles directly in line with the port avoid this. The errant ions bonce off the gasket as do the bubbles both causing a problem. Ions bump into the apposing polarity and both are canceled. The bubbles bump into other bubbles and get bugger and cause bubble occlusion which causes heat and bla bla bla. The best configuration is a rectangle with the exit port a slot across the the top so 90% of the bubbles go right out and have a very short distance to travel after they are formed. This does not mean the diamond will not work it just will not be the most efficient and with straight through input ports the amount of ortho hydrogen will be less than an efficient reactor. All of this is bad. You have to decide what you want to do and I hope you achieve your goals. For me I only am satisfied with the best.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .