Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone please check me out

Someone please check me out

If I build a unipolar cell in this configuration []+ - + - + - + [] + - + - + - + [] + - + - + - + [] + - + - + - + [] + - + - + - + [] + - + - + - + [] + - + - + - + [] with 17.5 square inches of surface area on one side of one plate running at 13.8 - 14.2 volts. And assuming that I am running full strength electrolyte. I should be making approximatly 7 liters of gas at 105 amps (assuming 15 amps per liter) and from around 1.97 to 2.03 volts per group. Are these numbers correct?

I don't get what you are trying to ask.
    Are you gonna do use this in a car? It would seem like you were planning to make your own space heater. Unless you were gonna put 2v on each and every -+ pair, then you would be making a lot of gas -hho and steam, that is. Maybe I am not seeing this for what it really is....or am I?

Check this out to see why I am stressing the voltages.
    http://2hho.com/hho_plans.htm

Quote Originally Posted by hhofox View Post
    Are you gonna do use this in a car? It would seem like you were planning to make your own space heater. Unless you were gonna put 2v on each and every -+ pair, then you would be making a lot of gas -hho and steam, that is. Maybe I am not seeing this for what it really is....or am I?

HHOFOX,
    Dixie is building a high output unipolar system for his diesel- and I assure you it wont make any steam. Go back a good way and read up on my unipolar system- no neutral plates, no overheating, no PWM, but more complicated...
    Not for the faint of heart. Also look up hhopwr on utube and follow the "Magnetic Beastie" videos until the end...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gus, do I look like I'm in the ball park with my figures?

Monty

Quote Originally Posted by hhofox View Post

the confusion is simple I think. He didnt mention that each cell will be run in SERIES. 7 cells so 12-14.4 volts devided by 7. I personally dont understand how doing a unipolar cell is any better than a bipolar cell.

Quote Originally Posted by dixiepc View Post
    If I build a unipolar cell in this configuration []+ - + - + - + [] + - + - + - + [] + - + - + - + [] + - + - + - + [] + - + - + - + [] + - + - + - + [] + - + - + - + [] with 17.5 square inches of surface area on one side of one plate running at 13.8 - 14.2 volts. And assuming that I am running full strength electrolyte. I should be making approximatly 7 liters of gas at 105 amps (assuming 15 amps per liter) and from around 1.97 to 2.03 volts per group. Are these numbers correct?
    Monty,
    Let's take a look at what you have here... In a single group, there are 6 faces of one polarity at 17.5sq.in. each = 105sq.in.. 105 X 1/2 amp = 52.5 amps. At about 14 amps per liter per minute, that should make right at 3.75 lpm per group, theoretically. For a 7 group reactor, that would be a little over 26 lpm, theoretically.... Build that mutha, I want to see what it actually puts out- for that matter, I can hardly wait to see what mine puts out...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by aceras624 View Post
    the confusion is simple I think. He didnt mention that each cell will be run in SERIES. 7 cells so 12-14.4 volts devided by 7. I personally dont understand how doing a unipolar cell is any better than a bipolar cell.
    My friend,
    I'm afraid the confusion is yours... The 6 CELLS run in parallel in each GROUP, each GROUP is run in series. A unipolar reactor by it's nature, is only better for high output, high efficiency installations where space is not a constraining factor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gus,
    Does this mean there was no point in building my setup? I built my cell purely to cut out amp leakage and make it more efficent. If you are not sure what I am talking about, Its the post MY FIRST BUILD under general discussions. I would really like a little feedback if you have a second. I am still at the same point on it as I was in the pics as I am awaiting parts still.

Quote Originally Posted by danser75 View Post
    Gus,
    Does this mean there was no point in building my setup? I built my cell purely to cut out amp leakage and make it more efficent. If you are not sure what I am talking about, Its the post MY FIRST BUILD under general discussions. I would really like a little feedback if you have a second. I am still at the same point on it as I was in the pics as I am awaiting parts still.
    Danser,
    I sure wouldn't say there was no point in it, as we all know what the point is and that there are many different ways to reach that point. I will say though, that you went to a good deal more trouble than you needed to just to minimize current leakage, not to mention depriving yourself of a good portion of your trunk space..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wow Gus, you really busted my bubble. I thought I was getting close to understanding what I was doing. I was going from what I thought (LOL) I read in the amperage thread. Guess I'll take this new information and go back and refigure my numbers. Obviously my cell idea is too big. I need to build my cell just big enough for space and wallet reasons.

I'll be back,
    Monty