Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Heavy HHO hitters

Any type of comparison between reactors using MMW, watts per liter, or % of Faraday can all be misleading based on how you measure the LPM and how much moisture is in the HHO. The methods used by most are inaccurate at best so comparing between the results of others is somewhat useless. It should be used to compare with yourself when making changes to your system and you must be consistent in how you measure. Just remember that moisture takes up a lot of space compared to gas so your results could just be showing more moisture instead of more gas output unless you are using a dryer to remove the moisture. What you think is an improvement might be just the opposite with just more moisture being created and no more or less gas.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    Any type of comparison between reactors using MMW, watts per liter, or % of Faraday can all be misleading based on how you measure the LPM and how much moisture is in the HHO. The methods used by most are inaccurate at best so comparing between the results of others is somewhat useless. It should be used to compare with yourself when making changes to your system and you must be consistent in how you measure. Just remember that moisture takes up a lot of space compared to gas so your results could just be showing more moisture instead of more gas output unless you are using a dryer to remove the moisture. What you think is an improvement might be just the opposite with just more moisture being created and no more or less gas.
    It's funny that we still compare our production these days with Faraday's law. The reason I say this is becuase we use so many things like sand blasting and weld-on when building reactors and probably shouldn't be compared to basic parameters or rules. Nice to see how far we have come though. "D"

Has anybody ever tried using this as a scrubber/dryer.

Photobucket
    Green Fuel H20.. Dual "38" plate dry cells

Dual Batteries

Dual 50 amp current limiting PWM`s

Dual 6 quart reservoir`s

HHO Connection Mac Daddy Flashback arrestor

Dual HHO Connection Bobbler/arrestor

Green Fuel H20 Dual map sensor enhancer

Fuelsaver-mpg Digital DEFIE

30amp PWM fuel pump voltage controler

Sodbuster, I don't really know anything about activated charcoal as an absorbent/desiccant- I always thought it was more a filtering media, but I learn several new things every day (and forget half a dozen others). Personally I think it would work pretty well from the stand point of scrubbing wet gas, I just don't know if it would actually take out the moisture like a dedicated desiccant would... Anyway, this is the stuff I use- https://secure.drierite.com/catalog3/page4b.cfm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

the carbon wont work nearly as well as the desicant.

Bio what do you think about using the regular desicant and then a layer of of indicating desicant on top of that? the reg stuff seems way less expensive. also, what is "4 mesh" "8 mesh"??

Quote Originally Posted by aceras624 View Post
    the carbon wont work nearly as well as the desicant.

Bio what do you think about using the regular desicant and then a layer of of indicating desicant on top of that? the reg stuff seems way less expensive. also, what is "4 mesh" "8 mesh"??
    Ace,
    The mesh size refers to the size of the little chunks of desiccant that fall through a vibrating set of screens, one over the other that that get finer and finer as you go lower. No.1 mesh is huge chunky stuff as big as the end of your little finger, no.8 is a little smaller than a tic-tac.

You must have read my mind last night about combining the indicating with the regular and the cost of each- the way it hit me was to mix them together so that you could track the progression up the tube by which ones had turned pink and which ones were still blue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by BioFarmer93 View Post
    Ace,
    The mesh size refers to the size of the little chunks of desiccant that fall through a vibrating set of screens, one over the other that that get finer and finer as you go lower. No.1 mesh is huge chunky stuff as big as the end of your little finger, no.8 is a little smaller than a tic-tac.

You must have read my mind last night about combining the indicating with the regular and the cost of each- the way it hit me was to mix them together so that you could track the progression up the tube by which ones had turned pink and which ones were still blue.
    I was wondering that myself, whether it would be better to mix them or just put a layer on top. they can both be regenerated right? Thanks for the mesh size

and now I cant access the link?!?!? WTF?!?!?

So I just bought some dessicant from the link below. about 50 bucks for 1lb 4 mesh indicating dessicant, 5 lbs non indicating 4 mesh dessicant. I was gonna go finer but 8 mesh is considerably more expensive

http://www.gogenlab.com/

Quote Originally Posted by aceras624 View Post
    I was wondering that myself, whether it would be better to mix them or just put a layer on top. they can both be regenerated right? Thanks for the mesh size

and now I cant access the link?!?!? WTF?!?!?
    I just happened to notice when I tried to re-access the link that it expired on the 13th and is up for renewal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]