Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Heavy HHO hitters

not to dispute as i stand corrected if i am wrong

I think i should have stated within 40 cycles

as dearborn itself says on" tech hotline" direct to factory engineers, it could take up to 40 cycles , as every key on warm up run will not always fire all the monitors on to pass

yes you are correct most times this can be acomplished in way less cycles

thanks for noticing
    test subject 97 Ranger 2.3 dual plug
    31 plate dry cell set @ 2 Lpm
    KOH, 18 amps, 104 deg" bench"

proper research saves time and money, the easy cheap way only cost more of both in the end

Abssystems.... Madsceintist....Myoldyourgold

You guys = are on it !!!!! Weapon_R and or anybody who may be reading this, follow these guys lead = heavy hitters, posting comments like they do only comes with hands on experience, Thanks Guys

If I have not already bombarded you with FAQ here is another one. I'm about to spend more money on high dollar O2 sensors, I have 4 to replace and they will be replaced with the best no junk 02 sensors. Question... seen plenty of videos were guys are backing out there sensors with spacers ( oil fowler's spacers).
    I no my 02 sensors have got to be lazy, they have 250,000 miles on them so out with old in with the new. So whats your take on this ?? Also my truck 98 Chevy 5.7 vortec NON flex fuel and I run E85. This truck has got to be way lean anyhow so my question is how far would you back them out and would you relocate them closer or farther away from the converters. O2 sensors are a huge roll player and I want to get this right.... Thanks Greg
    Green Fuel H20.. Dual "38" plate dry cells

Dual Batteries

Dual 50 amp current limiting PWM`s

Dual 6 quart reservoir`s

HHO Connection Mac Daddy Flashback arrestor

Dual HHO Connection Bobbler/arrestor

Green Fuel H20 Dual map sensor enhancer

Fuelsaver-mpg Digital DEFIE

30amp PWM fuel pump voltage controler

sodbuster;
    250,000 miles ! O2 sensors would not hurt, however my '97 suburban 5.7 (223,000) had the best increase in power and fuel consumption when it got a new timing chain.......! Just the average wear that there was made a lot of difference in performance, though I wanted to pull it out to go all the way through it I just put the chain in while I was putting in a water pump. As a note, if you have done or will do a tune up, please be considerate to you and your truck and use A/C delco plugs!

By the way, leave the O2's where they are, they operate best at the temp.(especially the HO2's) they deal with and you want to stay close to the converter.

Not a shot for the name brand, just most people don't realize that a spark plug isn't just a plug................ IT'S a resistor.
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

"Madscientist, As far as the computer BASE LINE, cars ARE manufactured with a specific program and the parameters to allow for compensation of all the variances of air temp., barometric pressure(some cars) ambient and intake, O2, and the inputs of all types of sensors. And exactly as you said "YOU MUST REMAP THE LOGIC" to be successful in keeping any gains. The computer will eventually recompesate for the incorrect readings, thus a quick relearn via the battery disconnect. "

So does remapping the logic mean that an EFIE is not needed?
    I know that an EFIE puts aprox 200mV on the signal line, so the computer see this as a "rich" condition and then leans out the car, but if using an EFIE for the 02, and nothing is done to the MAP sensor, the gains will diminish over time?

Am I understanding this right?

And where would someone go to have their computers logic remapped, or would simply disconnecting the battery once a week do it?

Good point 19 !!

Take a look at these 02 sensors "WOW" = OMG.. big time lean.

Photobucket

Got the New 02 Denso`s installed except one secondary 02 it will be in tomorrow.

So you think Mad by extending the 02 and getting it out of the exhaust that it will do me no good? This I do understand the 02 has got to be heated via the exhaust, if we pull it out of the exhaust stream the ECM may not be able to reconise 02 volts and may stay stuck in open loop.... Right ?

Dual Batteries

Dual 6 quart reservoir`s

Quote Originally Posted by abssystems View Post
    Now your in my field of expertiese

first off I have close to 30 years as a A tech with ford motor as a shop forman I was around when we went to fuel injection Pcm controled
    anyway it is true you can errase the (KAM) keep alive memory in a pcm
    and a much faster way to do so is removing the positive battery cable and ground it out trust me this wil wipe out all memory in every processor on your car including the radio, why wait for the headlights to drain them, chuckles

Myold is correct in the fact small correction will be overcome with this process however your pcm is goign to relearn and go righ back to programed in (maps)
    this is why if you produce little gas you may see a change that stays or you may get worse and worse milage as time passes
    basically every 40 ( drive cycles) your computor " take stock of itself" per say
    thus if you pop a check engine light and the condition doesnt occure again for 40 drive cycles it will turn the light off by itself
    this is why after time the milage gets worse
    so yes it is true the pcm can be cleared of stored data and then get better milage but i assure you if your making any quanity of good gas it wil be short lived milage gains
    this is why flash chips exist they provide new data for the (maps) for the Pcm
    when you bring you car to the dealer for a reflash your changing some of the factory (maps)

they say you dont need any electronics controlers?
    I say bull dunk
    I can drive my truck down the road and from the cab shut my injector pulsee width down to the point i shut the truck off >LOL
    let me see anyone do that without electronic controls?
    abssystems what are you using to control the injectors?

Little Help please...

I'm trying to hook up this Duel mode map/maf sensor enhancer and I need some help.

I have four wires coming of the map sensor and I need to no witch wire is the -5 volt wire to the ECU

MAP SENSOR = red wire, white wire, black wire with white stripe, white wire black stripe

There are three wires coming from the enhancer.

SILVER = ground-
    BLACK = -5 volt to ECU
    RED = incoming reduced voltage/electronic controlmodule/unit.... ecm/ecu

The wire that goes to the ecu is spliced to the red wire from the map enhancer = were is this ecu wire located.

I have directions for the hook up but they are not clear ( to me) kinda hoping one you guys have done this before. Thanks Greg

Dual Batteries

Dual 6 quart reservoir`s

@ sodbuster
    i will tell you this much about extenders
    My brother is using them and they seem to help him with his trims
    however he is using a jar bomb reactor that makes very little gas
    and to date has no bad side affects from the extenders

myself i had all kinds of 02 heater issues on my truck with them so i pulled them back out and they didnt seem to help me much the way I was set up
    maybe with a diffeant set up they would help i don't know
    seems to me they are like a "volo" may work some may not?

Map/Maf enhancer should be done after efie ?
    front 02 will produce biggest gains
    monitor 02 " behind cat" sometimes just needs a little love to help the numbers work
    basicaly is vehicle based in some they need to move together
    others are not so fussy
    not sure how your truck wil be I willl leave that for the GM guys

I will say Maf will not work well in all autos because fueling maps are coming down based on TP, IAT, ECT and MAF/MAP
    thus if your maf is tweeked and your TP is still calling for load percent increase your going to pop off lean Maps in your ecu and drive your injectors to full open
    if you do this to much you will send your ecu into open loop and watch your fuel gauge drop as you drive

now mind you fords have some of the smartest /hardest to fool PCMs out there back in the day when i worked GM and then ford
    GM was light years behind ford in computor control
    I'm sure that has changed some so the GM guys can assist you on those

@ weapon
    i adjust my trim several ways
    first i have an efie made by bestefi or hhoelectronic on here i think?
    his efie is the bomb works great and has meter pin holes built right in to dial it up without guessing

MAF,IAT,ECT and TP all custom adjustments
    and i have been playing with computor controled timing looking at timing tests results
    most of these sensors i can control output
    and monitor my exaust temp so i don't melt my engine down!
    i run with a scan tool on all the time literally watch my PCM readings as i drive and use freezeframe to capture
    can adjust lean or rich to either point of no return

this truck is a running test bed
    and im looking to see the gains i can make with and without HHO
    i can make this 4 cyl run like a v6
    to date i have been able to get this loaded down truck
    ( the rear sags with tools) to go from
    18 mpg to 28 mpg
    My goal 30MPG but i wont stop testing it there if i reach it
    test subject 97 Ranger 2.3 dual plug
    31 plate dry cell set @ 2 Lpm
    KOH, 18 amps, 104 deg" bench"

proper research saves time and money, the easy cheap way only cost more of both in the end

pay no attention to my post 107 wrong info.

MAP SENSOR = yellow, green, black

There are three wires coming from the enhancer.

SILVER = ground-
    BLACK = -5 volt to ECU
    RED = incoming reduced voltage/electronic controlmodule/unit.... ecm/ecu

So correct me if I'm wrong .... silver is ground.... the 5 volt wire coming from the map is to be cut and connected to the the black wire and than the red wire is to be connected to the other side going to the ecm/ecu.

I just need to no if you guys no witch wire is the 5 volt ecu wire?

Directions are as so: Disconnect the map sensor, Use a tester to locate the ground wire with 0 volts and the supply voltage of 5 volts, the remaining wire is the map signal wire.

Dual Batteries

Dual 6 quart reservoir`s

abssystems, hhoelectronics EFIE is the best out there. I am working with him on some improvements that as soon as the testing is done it will get released to the public. Some great added things that really help. Some Fords have a frequency MAP if I remember. I have not done one yet have you? GM has some models that have both MAP and MAF and you need to deal with both of them or you will be very limited. I have a solution for that too and is also being tested. To get good results all the sensors have to tell the same story so to speak or the computer will do what it thinks is right or throw a code.

As far as the extenders go they do help in a few cases but they also cause more problems and shorten the life of the sensor in some cases. I would just stay away from them. I have heard to many bad things about them. Get a decent EFIE that controls the O2's, MAP/MAF, IAT and CTS. You might as well do it right the first time.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .