Dual Batteries

Dual 50 amp current limiting PWM`s

Dual 6 quart reservoir`s

HHO Connection Mac Daddy Flashback arrestor

Dual HHO Connection Bobbler/arrestor

Green Fuel H20 Dual map sensor enhancer

Fuelsaver-mpg Digital DEFIE

30amp PWM fuel pump voltage controler

Bench test first run: 5 table spoons KOH to 1 gallon water, 13.8 volts running for about 20 minutes pulling 15 amps = 1 liter at 1 minute.

Bench test second run: 7 table spoons KOH to 1 gallon water, 13.8 volts running for 20 minutes pulling 15 amp = 1 liter at 45 seconds.

Ran into a issue with my PWM fan stopped working and had to quite.

Do you all think I need to keep increasing KOH ??
    Green Fuel H20.. Dual "38" plate dry cells

Dual Batteries

Dual 6 quart reservoir`s

Hey guys the solenoid on this unit is hot to the touch, do they run this hot?

Photobucket

Dual Batteries

Dual 6 quart reservoir`s

I think you should stick with the manufactures specs. They are 8 to 10 teaspoons of KOH per 2 liters of distilled water.
    The relays run hot but I haven't had one fail yet.

Nice test setup. It looks great. It's okay to run the pwm up to 30 amps with out the fan working.

Thanks for linking me to your thread.

Well, you have a couple of things going on here.. First, there is a lot of resistance being created by that weakazz electrolyte your using Maybe you have a specific reason for that, I don't know, but full strength KOH electrolyte is 2lb. of KOH to a gallon of distilled water. Needless to say, your production will go up considerably. Next thing, did you ask for a continuous duty rated solenoid? If so, what amperage is it rated at? That could be the biggest part of the problem right there.. Are any of the wires getting warmer than seems appropriate? (could you hold them all day without getting a blister?) If any are more than just barely warm, they need to be replaced with a heavier gauge. You are getting this effect at only 15A @ 13.8V, that's only 207 watts. Check out those things I mentioned, because that really shouldn't be happening...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Holly smokes you guys are tough got to remember I'm a green horn when it comes to HHO so I have to take everybody's input and go from there not knowing really what the end result will be. Thats why I'm doing bench testing getting familiar with HHO and reporting my results and your feed back is very much operated = Thanks !!!!

In my mind it feels more like I am builing a battery not a dry cell = :0 ...so my train of thought needs to be inverted.

Ok Delvis going to go much higher on KOH as recommended. Wires are not warm and cool to the touch, just the relay is getting hot.

Bio, yes sir going to increase week azz electrolyte having so many different suggestions on electrolyte and trying to stay in the manufactures requirements and me being green OMG ....but I'm learning fast brother.

continuous duty rated solenoid, I have no Idea and I cant find paper work stating it is nor ....can I find what it is rated at my guess it should be I'm sure my supplier would no better than to put a weak azz solenoid on a cell that is going to pull mega AMPS. However you are so right that solenoid needs to be rated or be able to run continuous duty or be capable to do so. I had this problem long time ago On a motor home that was running multiple battery's and had a solenoid just like this one and it to got very hot but never burned up or shorted out.

None of the wires are getting hot all are cool to the touch just the solenoid is getting hot = very hot to the touch.

Dual Batteries

Dual 6 quart reservoir`s

Wait a minute Delvis11 I no who you are Thanks... and yes sir I will do that.

OK guys I have a Idea on this solenoid and need your input. Here is a pic of a 12 volt winch solenoid of one of my 4wheelers, these little guys can handle 600 amps all day long no problem, matter fact when I'm plowing snow in the winter my solenoid runs for hours never even getting warm to the touch. These solenoid`s are built to be abused.... nothing can kill them except guys like us take a look.

Photobucket

Here is a link were I buy my winches from and they sell these solenoids seperate.http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATV-Winch-Co...1bb370&vxp=mtr

Dual Batteries

Dual 6 quart reservoir`s

Im going to butt in here and give you a little advice. Keep adding the KOH a tbs at a time and run tests. This way you can see where you cell needs to be..... You will hit max MMW at less than 28% KOH.

Thanks Shane for your advise but could you explain to me what this mean in detail ( You will hit max MMW at less than 28% KOH ). What does MMW mean ? this is so new to me guys so remember when you give me advise go in to detail like your talking to a 1 st grader at his first day at school

I no my way around volt/ohms meters and making Conversion and basic Calculations, I will get there just need a little help getting started.

Dual Batteries

Dual 6 quart reservoir`s

MMW is the "industry" standard of measuring the cells efficiency. The formula is milliliters per minute / (amps * volts) . or in your last post

(1000 / 45 * 60) / (15 * 13.8) = 6.44MMW

Now you can use that number to judge changes to your cell. If you increase the amount of KOH your MMW will go up or down. Use this for tests that you are taking right then.

There is a lot of stuff that effects the MMW reading and comparing a MMW of your cell to a MMW of any other cell on the net is useless. You will see all kinds of numbers posted and they really don't mean much unless you can verify the data yourself.