Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Heavy HHO hitters

Here is the latest guys on the dry cell

Ok check it out >> 10 tsp of KOH per 2 liters

13.5 volts ... 25 amps = 1LPM at 29 seconds... not to shabby

Also ran this new wench solenoid for about 1 HR at different amps. The solenoid got very hot to the touch but never failed, I think it is going to be one of those deals were we need to run this solenoid to it burns up, and if it don't than I believe these solenoids will do what we need them to do.
    Green Fuel H20.. Dual "38" plate dry cells

Dual Batteries

Dual 50 amp current limiting PWM`s

Dual 6 quart reservoir`s

HHO Connection Mac Daddy Flashback arrestor

Dual HHO Connection Bobbler/arrestor

Green Fuel H20 Dual map sensor enhancer

Fuelsaver-mpg Digital DEFIE

30amp PWM fuel pump voltage controler

Ok folks now If you all would give me some input on a Idea I have on a box that will be mounted in the back of my pick up that will hold the dry cell and all the components.

Here is my Idea: I want to build a box out of diamond plate, I'm thinking 32 inches high .... 16 inches wide about 12 inches deep with a door on the front.
    I'm thinking of a deep cell 12V battery on the bottom, than the dry cell mounted above the battery mounted to the inside of the box. Than the water tank mounted to one side of the box ( on the inside) and the bubbler/stripper on the other. I'm thinking of a deep cell battery in the box that way we just need to run charging wires from the alternator to the auxiliary battery and the wires running the cell will be much shorter and they won't have to pull all those amps through several feet of wire. Whats you take on this?

Also I was thinking of a tool box side locker may do the trick... but something like this cant be found in diamond plate nor can I find one in stainless steel, just don`t want this box to rust. So whats your thoughts?? and if you got a suggestion or a link to were I can purchase a box already to go.

Now I already have the diamond plate to build a box however I don't have the resources like a breaker/bender machine nor can I weld aluminum so it well be farmed out to a builder that can do the job, witch is no problem but labor is high.... that Leads me back to buying a box already to go. Take a look >>>
    http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...1918000P?mv=rr

Dual Batteries

Dual 6 quart reservoir`s

I see one problem with this setup and that is you might not have enough room (height)to get the reservoir high enough to keep the reactor full. If the reservoir is to low you could even have HHO coming out the input port especially at startup. I also do not see the difference of having heavy wire coming to the battery instead of to the reactor. In order to charge the battery you are going to need the heavy wire so all you have done is add another battery and another circuit / battery to maintain, complicating things a bit more.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Just make sure the KOH don't drip on the battery. One could argue that the extra battery isn't needed.... I understand why you are putting it there... If it were me I would go with a battery bank that was big enough to run the system for 30min to 1hr and charge it via shore power. That way you are not putting the increase drag on the alternator.... but that is just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Jackson View Post
    Just make sure the KOH don't drip on the battery. One could argue that the extra battery isn't needed.... I understand why you are putting it there... If it were me I would go with a battery bank that was big enough to run the system for 30min to 1hr and charge it via shore power. That way you are not putting the increase drag on the alternator.... but that is just me.
    Shane,
    I stopped myself half a dozen times from opening up that particular can o' worms...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by BioFarmer93 View Post
    Shane,
    I stopped myself half a dozen times from opening up that particular can o' worms...
    What worms are in the can?

Thanks guys for your input.

MyOld.... Shane, I am going to run 4 gauge welding wire on everything + @ - so if I don't run a second battery I will still be utilizing 4 gauge. Now this is just my theory and I do understand your comment. If I run a second battery the battery Will be mounted inches from the cell instead of several feet were the truck battery is now. So pulling AMPS will be easer via a shorter wire, however the PWM will be mounted in the cab and that just throws that theory out the window because I still need to go from the battery in bed to the PWM in the cab and back to the cell..... so I guess in theory were still pulling amps through many feet of wire. 4 gauge wire will also be ran from the the battery under the hood weather or not I utilize a second battery or not, sOOOO yea MyOld your theory makes perfect sense.

I have a metal storage locker bought ( ebay special ) 40' H 17' W 15' deep.
    The dry cell and components will be mounted inside and right now my stand is 34' high with no flow problem that leaves me ruffly 6 inches of room for a battery if we go that rout. Plans are to powder coat the locker with a big ball of swiss cheese rotating on top == now were did I get that idea = Bio

Whats your take on a Optima "Deep cell" battery with 750 CCA with AGM advanced spiralcell technology.

Dual Batteries

Dual 6 quart reservoir`s

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Jackson View Post
    What worms are in the can?
    None that I wouldn't fish with myself..

On edit; I've been teasing myself with the idea for quite a while because I have about 60 5-cell 80 A/h flooded NiCd storage batteries that are looking for employment. Each cell is nominally 1.2V, so the situation begs for a custom voltage battery bank to be fabricated. Then maybe a couple big solar panels at cab height on a frame over the truck bed to keep them charged and provide some shade for the dogs. HHhmmm...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hey yea all ..... any of you folks ever use foam remover for like a spa or hot tube? I am having some foam issues in the supply tank, not much but it is enough to make me wonder if I am doing something wrong or the KOH may be the problem = whats your thoughts.... Thanks!!

Dual Batteries

Dual 6 quart reservoir`s

I have never had any problem with foam. I think that it has to do with some kind of oily contamination. You are basically making soap. You need to flush out the system very well and and use a new batch of electrolyte. Distilled water that has not be sitting in a plastic container for ever. The contamination can be in the water, gaskets, plates, plumbing etc. This is one reason to use gloves in handling your plates and gaskets when putting them together after making sure everything is very clean. Even the oil on your hands can cause this. I little oil goes a long way in this case.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .