Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Heavy HHO hitters

Heavy HHO hitters

Hi Folks new to the forum

Need some input on a Idea I have... I just purchased a 38 plate dry cell from Green Fuel H20. This is the big rig set up and I am going to install this system on my 98 chevy 5.7 pick up 4X4.
    I have a Idea that I need some input, I want to put a PWM on the fuel pump so I can decrees fuel delivery at the same time increase HHO. Sounds logical to me and this is why I am asking, I have not seen this done and why I don't no. You would think if your going to add HHO you need to remove fuel delivery, re mapping is only going to do so much and your still going to have the same amount of fuel being delivered so why not take it away and add more HHO.

Another question I run E85, and my rig is a none flex fuel and I have been doing it for 8 years and logged over 150,000 miles on E85. Half the time my rig is stuck in closed loop with the check engine light on. My fuel mileage is not great but I love the performance and I believe Alcohol is a good solution to alternative fuel and I support them. Anyways I want to be able to supplement HHO for my fuel lose and experiment from there
    Green Fuel H20.. Dual "38" plate dry cells

Dual Batteries

Dual 50 amp current limiting PWM`s

Dual 6 quart reservoir`s

HHO Connection Mac Daddy Flashback arrestor

Dual HHO Connection Bobbler/arrestor

Green Fuel H20 Dual map sensor enhancer

Fuelsaver-mpg Digital DEFIE

30amp PWM fuel pump voltage controler

Sorry but I quickly scanned your post, with the new data presented on just how much HHO per 1 liter of eng displacement. That cell will be WAY TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BIG for that 5.7, especially a truck with a ODBI system and one O2 if not, none.

Quote Originally Posted by koya1893 View Post
    Sorry but I quickly scanned your post, with the new data presented on just how much HHO per 1 liter of eng displacement. That cell will be WAY TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BIG for that 5.7, especially a truck with a ODBI system and one O2 if not, none.
    Thanks Koya for your input... But I want to over kill this system, reason... thats what the PWM is for, is it not? I have watched many videos and even Mike at HHO connection says that it is better to go to big than not big enough, he even recommends to go with two 31 plate dry cells and turn them down via the PWM, And this is what I want to be able to accomplish. I want to be able to control fuel delivery via the fuel pump with a PWM and compensate it for HHO, my question.... has anybody done it. The ODB 2 will most likely not no what to think and go into limp mood but so what my rig half the time is stuck in closed loop any Howe and runs on limp mood set values, I'm running E85 in a none flex fuel truck and the pcm does not no what to think... truck runs perfect just fuel mileage sucks

Dual Batteries

Dual 6 quart reservoir`s

Quote Originally Posted by Sodbuster View Post
    Thanks Koya for your input... But I want to over kill this system, reason... thats what the PWM is for, is it not? I have watched many videos and even Mike at HHO connection says that it is better to go to big than not big enough, he even recommends to go with two 31 plate dry cells and turn them down via the PWM, And this is what I want to be able to accomplish. I want to be able to control fuel delivery via the fuel pump with a PWM and compensate it for HHO, my question.... has anybody done it. The ODB 2 will most likely not no what to think and go into limp mood but so what my rig half the time is stuck in closed loop any Howe and runs on limp mood set values, I'm running E85 in a none flex fuel truck and the pcm does not no what to think... truck runs perfect just fuel mileage sucks
    Hey Sodbuster,
    Welcome to the forum. I think for what you want to do, you need to PM user "Ultra Efficient". If you want to take over that much control of your ECU, then you really ought to do it right... His name is Richard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have some limited experience with OBD I 5.7 4x4. What kind of mileage are you getting without HHO and how much are you getting with your reactor? I will have a lot more experience in the next month.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Sandbuster,
    I was looking around for some old data for my first testbed (1987 Chevy Suburban with 5.7 TBI). At that time I copied a wet cell design in a 4" PVC, it was getting 7-8 mpg, with the wet cell design of -NNN+NNN-. the mpg increased to 14 mpg. I thought that was great, then I was introduced to dry cell by the "mentors" in here. I started running reveres engineering them for efficiency, hence what I have now.
    having said that proves the new findings on the ratio of HHO per 1 liter of engine displacement. I can't believe i am going to say this. Those "BOMB" in the jar which barely produced any HHO might give us something to consider, but not in the jar but the low output.

All this time we were thinking "go big or stay home", yes you can incoporate a PWM to control the amps to that big cell. but the question you need to asked is: do you need to? do you really need that big of a cell. My wife's Town Car has 4.6, she gets 20-22 mpg with one cell -NNNNN+, her car is another mytery to me, now it is not because that cell is at best will produce 1 LPM the way it is. So the lower HHO ratio per liter I am leaning to follow, hence smaller cell and low mixture of NaOH.

Ben, it is impossible to compare One car to another. My fathers 97 town car with only 75000 miles on it gets 21 miles per gallon on the highway and 19 in town. No HHO. He is a real nut for records and maintaining that car at 95 he says it is the last car he will own. The 5.7 I tested 2 years ago averaged on the highway 17 to 18 miles per gallon. With 2 liter per minute, a crude water injection setup, an ozone generator, the proper timing adjustments and an EFIE it went to 20 miles per gallon on a 2300 mile test trip. This year with newer electronics and a more efficient reactor producing 3 LPM I am predicting it will get to 25 MPG maybe more but doubt that when it does the same trip. So it is hard to really compare because of so many things that are different. Just the weather effects this stuff. The open bath cells work in very dry climates because of the moisture in the HHO not because of much else. A good water injection system by it self might in the same dry climate do just as good.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Talking

HUM.......................................... that' new . No ones done this. Oh wait maybe I have . Or did I . I cant recall.
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    Ben, it is impossible to compare One car to another. My fathers 97 town car with only 75000 miles on it gets 21 miles per gallon on the highway and 19 in town. No HHO. He is a real nut for records and maintaining that car at 95 he says it is the last car he will own. The 5.7 I tested 2 years ago averaged on the highway 17 to 18 miles per gallon. With 2 liter per minute, a crude water injection setup, an ozone generator, the proper timing adjustments and an EFIE it went to 20 miles per gallon on a 2300 mile test trip. This year with newer electronics and a more efficient reactor producing 3 LPM I am predicting it will get to 25 MPG maybe more but doubt that when it does the same trip. So it is hard to really compare because of so many things that are different. Just the weather effects this stuff. The open bath cells work in very dry climates because of the moisture in the HHO not because of much else. A good water injection system by it self might in the same dry climate do just as good.
    Myold,
    Yes, it is difficult to compare. However, the reason I am excited with my wife's result is; her driving is 10 mile round trip on a 45 mph stop and go and even slower once she get on base. She does not drive it on the highway per say, anything constant at 55-65 mph.

Thanks for the input guys !!

My main concern is only one thing for now and that is regulating fuel pump pressure. I want to be able to turn down fuel pump pressure at the turn of a knob.... but is it possible to do it "via amperage" not like a fuel pressure regulator. At Idle fuel pressure is 59 psi and regulated to 62 under a load I want to control this PSI down as low as possible and in the meantime replace the lost fuel with HHO.... later on once and if this can be done I will get into re mapping and keeping this rig from being stuck in open loop or may not do anything at all about it. This truck has been stuck in open loop for some time now running on limp mood and it runs perfect, fuel mileage is about 11 to 14.
    So what I'm after is it possible to control electric fuel pump pressure using a PWM or some other device. Also what are your thoughts with the pump amperage being removed do think it will burn up the pump?

Dual Batteries

Dual 6 quart reservoir`s