Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Heavy HHO hitters

Mad, This is great we are running the same rigs just one year apart, all the equipment is Identical so we are on the same page >> cool only deferents we have is our HHO set up and if we are flowing close to the same amount of HHO than again we can compare apples to apples..nice!
    This spider injection system... not familiar with it, but than again I have been out of the automotive realm of thing`s for some time, not keeping up with technology, half the time I'm like.... SaY wHaT, I'm going to look into this maybe something to look into if we have more fuel delivery control.

MyOld >>> you no I'm ready for whatever solution you may have, prototype or plug and play any time your ready.

I'm thinking seriously of shipping my ECM of to this guy so he can widen this operating window on the 02`s... well never no if it works until we give it a shot. This has been a problem for me for years via my fuel that I utilize, HHO or no HHO I really want my rig staying away from open loop unless there is a plan to keep from dumping fuel.

On the flip side I installed a second alternator and I will have some pics up soon , wait to see how I did it ....your never going to believe how easy it was installing two alternators on the same bracket Going to run dual yellow tops, original battery location will run the truck and a dry cell and the second battery will run only the second dry cell that way no relay`s or isolators will be needed, both alternators are at 110 amps each.

Thinking out loud once again.... by any chance is there a aftermarket spacer plate that you all may no of that if I remove the upper throttle body on this motor and replace it with a spacer plate to allow you to run a 4 barrel. If we back up a few years say from 1986 to 1994 the old style throttle body with the two injectors on top of the throttle body there was a three hole bolt pattern. I'm thinking there was a aftermarket adapter plate that would allow you to bolt a 4BRL to that bolt pattern. Also do you all no if the bolt pattern back than is to what it is now on this 1998 vortec, to me it looks the same?

Last but not least.... guys any information I post is only what I am seeing, my intentions are to post only facts and not to sugar coat anything. I want so bad to be successful and accomplish my goals. If I post BS than we all take two steps back and we all accomplish nothing. You folks have been so kind@helpful and on board with the truth and that speaks a thousand words so again thanks for your time.... Greg
    Green Fuel H20.. Dual "38" plate dry cells

Dual Batteries

Dual 50 amp current limiting PWM`s

Dual 6 quart reservoir`s

HHO Connection Mac Daddy Flashback arrestor

Dual HHO Connection Bobbler/arrestor

Green Fuel H20 Dual map sensor enhancer

Fuelsaver-mpg Digital DEFIE

30amp PWM fuel pump voltage controler

Quote Originally Posted by Sodbuster View Post

I'm thinking seriously of shipping my ECM of to this guy so he can widen this operating window on the 02`s... well never no if it works until we give it a shot. This has been a problem for me for years via my fuel that I utilize, HHO or no HHO I really want my rig staying away from open loop unless there is a plan to keep from dumping fuel.
    Thinking out loud once again.... by any chance is there a aftermarket spacer plate that you all may no of that if I remove the upper throttle body on this motor and replace it with a spacer plate to allow you to run a 4 barrel. If we back up a few years say from 1986 to 1994 the old style throttle body with the two injectors on top of the throttle body there was a three hole bolt pattern. I'm thinking there was a aftermarket adapter plate that would allow you to bolt a 4BRL to that bolt pattern. Also do you all no if the bolt pattern back than is to what it is now on this 1998 vortec, to me it looks the same?
    At least you can always get your ECM reflashed at the dealer if its not working like you want.

As to the adapter you want, NOT happening. The TBI had an adapter but for what point, your trying to pull the air of a 4 bbl thru the hole of a 2 bbl. ????

Here's two intakes I've used for the Vortec heads in our year trucks, Edelbrock 2913 or Summit SUM 226018. These are really nice to use. As well as the HEI distributor from the mid 80's so you have full control over timing. I made a regulator to use a carb. on these without having to cut any lines, wires or change the pump. It gives the carb. max. 12 psi and sends the rest back to the tank, and is adjustable. (Stock tank, pump, lines and wiring). Of course going this route you have check engine light as you by-pass all the sensors but you can get some real power out of the Vortec this way!
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Madsceintist View Post
    At least you can always get your ECM reflashed at the dealer if its not working like you want.

As to the adapter you want, NOT happening. The TBI had an adapter but for what point, your trying to pull the air of a 4 bbl thru the hole of a 2 bbl. ????

Here's two intakes I've used for the Vortec heads in our year trucks, Edelbrock 2913 or Summit SUM 226018. These are really nice to use. As well as the HEI distributor from the mid 80's so you have full control over timing. I made a regulator to use a carb. on these without having to cut any lines, wires or change the pump. It gives the carb. max. 12 psi and sends the rest back to the tank, and is adjustable. (Stock tank, pump, lines and wiring). Of course going this route you have check engine light as you by-pass all the sensors but you can get some real power out of the Vortec this way!
    Yes sir = Quote @ post reply I was thinking the older TBI 86 to 94 were 2BRL holes, matter fact yes they were. But I was thinking the Vortec with the plastic plenum was a spread bore for this wide throttle body but I have never pulled the throttle body of this plenum only pulled the hole unit to replace the intake gasket.... need to find out FO SHO.

This is something I seriously want to investigate if by any chance this plastic plenum is even close to a spread bore and If it is ... and the bolt pattern is the same as the older 86 to 94 than a adapter plate may work "if" there is a adapter plate available and I bet there is, there was tons of hot rod after market stuff back in this ERA.

So "if" all these >> ideas match @ line up.. and "if" this plastic plenum will flow both fuel and air and feed combustion than we may be on to something just need to pull the throttle body and find out for sure unless you can verify it only has 2 holes than were done... it won't work.

A 4 BRL Rochester Quadrajet is the way I would go, this carb is so universal and jetting is Simple Simon. Matter fact I still have a new electric choke in my box that has got to be 30 years old. We could jet this thing down so the the truck will hardly run and than poor on the HHO with these BaDD AZZ dry cells. We would eliminate all the headaches with sensors and be able to move on. Also like you said ... Mad install the old school HEI and go mechanical advance. Three wires total: one for the electric choke, one for the HEI, and one for the AC idle up.

I really don't want to go with pulling my plenum and go with a intake but if all els fails than I'm on it, much rather save what I got and go with a bolt on app. There is also a cast Iron Marine Vortec intake that also will do the job, guys use these on there street stockers with great success, however a light weight aluminum intake is so nice to install.

My thoughts for now are going with what I have to work with >>> I perfer the EFI <<< ..and make it work, BUT !! I want to be ready for plan B

Dual Batteries

Dual 6 quart reservoir`s

Dang it.... no way this late model plastic plenum will work adapted over to carb.. not possible.

But I found this>>>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tri-Power-Ca...254c0a&vxp=mtr

Dual Batteries

Dual 6 quart reservoir`s

I have a 2 bbl motorcraft that gets better control and power than a 4 bbl. Quadrapuke. Like I said why for you pull 4 bbl. worth of air thru 2 bbl. holes, make no sense to me:
    That adaptor for the 3 bolt TBI intake is to go to a carb. but not the 4bbl., you can go from a 2 bbl. to a 4 bbl with another adapter but WHY ??????????
    And as you fond No plenum adapters ......... !!!!!!!!
    You DO NOT WANT TO PUT GASOLINE ON TO PLASTIC, its not feasible. Not those intakes anyhow. So what you seem to want would be the Summit intake I mention. Also you would be so much happier if you used an Edelbrock rather than that Quadrajet.
    Hail HHO.

Yea going to ditch the carb idea for now... still working on plan A

Threw a code today PO121 going to report it to my ECM builder and see what he says. If he can widen the window on the 02 sensors may go that rout and take it from there.

Dual Batteries

Dual 6 quart reservoir`s

[QUOTE]Threw a code today PO121 /QUOTE]

Greg isn't that a throttle position code? Maybe you have a bad throttle position module.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Hey your right it is, I was just assuming it was a 02 code ... cleared it and did not even think about it.

Scanner showed up today, check it out first thing in the am and I let you no.
    Thanks for catching that fro me.

Dual Batteries

Dual 6 quart reservoir`s

[QUOTE=myoldyourgold;50436]
    Threw a code today PO121 /QUOTE]

Greg isn't that a throttle position code? Maybe you have a bad throttle position module.

Sod;
    Just so you know the transmission is shift operated by the TPS, so if your having funny or long shifts its likely got a bad TPS. If it goes completely out your tans(automatic) wont shift til you hit about 4500 rpm then it'll hit like a brick. Been there done that a few times, just ask your local or top notch trans shop. Also I've seen long crank times before it starts for the same problem even when the scanner showed good values. Changed the TPS and the problems gone. Now that's not always true for all situations but It stump others till it got here.
    Hail HHO.

[QUOTE=Madsceintist;50442]
    Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post

Sod;
    Just so you know the transmission is shift operated by the TPS, so if your having funny or long shifts its likely got a bad TPS. If it goes completely out your tans(automatic) wont shift til you hit about 4500 rpm then it'll hit like a brick. Been there done that a few times, just ask your local or top notch trans shop. Also I've seen long crank times before it starts for the same problem even when the scanner showed good values. Changed the TPS and the problems gone. Now that's not always true for all situations but It stump others till it got here.
    Mad,

Dang you called that one>>> my trans for last few weeks has been hitting hard into the first shift I was just thinking it was the shift kit that was installed when I had in built couple years back, but it never hit like that.. But yea trans has been acting really weird lately, thanks for the heads up!!!

Dual Batteries

Dual 6 quart reservoir`s