Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Heavy HHO hitters

Quote Originally Posted by koya1893 View Post
    Myold,
    Yes, it is difficult to compare. However, the reason I am excited with my wife's result is; her driving is 10 mile round trip on a 45 mph stop and go and even slower once she get on base. She does not drive it on the highway per say, anything constant at 55-65 mph.
    Ben, I agree that is excellent and I would be excited too. I was just showing how comparing even the same or similar car can have varying results. My dad's gets, with his driving, 19 average and he only drives in town now at his age all stop and go. It is much better than his v6 GM truck that gets 16 in town. When I am there and take some trips at 70 MPH or less it gets the 21 over 70 MPH it drops to 20. This summer if things go as planned I will install a system in his car and specifically tuned to his driving and see what it gets. It will have an auto fill large capacity reservoir so there should only be maintenance when ever I am there with his limited driving. Your installs have always been superb.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by Sodbuster View Post
    Thanks for the input guys !!

My main concern is only one thing for now and that is regulating fuel pump pressure. I want to be able to turn down fuel pump pressure at the turn of a knob.... but is it possible to do it "via amperage" not like a fuel pressure regulator. At Idle fuel pressure is 59 psi and regulated to 62 under a load I want to control this PSI down as low as possible and in the meantime replace the lost fuel with HHO.... later on once and if this can be done I will get into re mapping and keeping this rig from being stuck in open loop or may not do anything at all about it. This truck has been stuck in open loop for some time now running on limp mood and it runs perfect, fuel mileage is about 11 to 14.
    So what I'm after is it possible to control electric fuel pump pressure using a PWM or some other device. Also what are your thoughts with the pump amperage being removed do think it will burn up the pump?
    There is a thread some where on the forum that has a lot on pump regulation. This is an area that might and might not do what you want to do. One reason is the rail is pressurized to a set pressure and by slowing down the pump makes the pump run all the time and if it can't make the right pressure throw a code. Some systems have no return especially in the newer cars. Look that thread up and you will find some details. Use the search feature. I will try and find it this evening too when time permits.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

Sodbuster;
    Yes you can control the pump and no it wont burn it up. Trust me when I say you'll need a good heat-sink and small durable fan as the pump pulls some amps and makes for a hot switch.
    Myoldyougrold;
    I'm sorry but as of yet I haven't seen even one pump that stops running or pressurizing when at or to a certain pressure. Any system that I have worked with, be it return(with an external regulator) or none return(without a external regulator) still has a return. Some having an internal spring pressure valve for release or an internally mounted regulator in the tank. One way or the other the system has a pressure regulator built in. So far the best I've seen is the flex fuel setup(single line, which has the regulator inside the pump assembly) !
    Basically I'm saying that if the engines running the pump is running constantly by design. Electric or mechanical

Hell even the oldies on mechanical pumps have a spring release to ease pressure to the carb. (such as the one in the 57 ford pictured)
    Its done right or its not done !
    Hail HHO.

Madscientist, you must be to young to know of pumps that do that. It is true that the pumps that are used today might not and in most cases do not shut off. I know of a Honda that has not been driven for a few days when I turned on the key I hear the pump come on and when pressure was reached the sound goes away. Might not have actually turned off but there is no more noise. The system in the car bleeds down and if you try and start it without letting the pump pressure things up it is hard to start. Running all the time unless there is very less fuel in the tank does no harm to the pump being cooled by the fuel that is one of the reasons they are in the tank. I just am not convinced that it is the best way to lean things out with all the variables. I have not tired it so will not pass judgement other than to state what I already have. Might work well in some cases and not in others.

Myoldyourgold;
    This is true as the Honda, and several cars especially older ones. You hear it then you don't. The pump builds the pressure which when it is pressurized you don't hear it as loud! If the system is working as designed, then an electrical pump will only run a few seconds if the engine doesn't start. If the engine starts then the pump will continue to run until it has a break in the signal to the relay(a reference from the computer), even older cars had this ! Now some systems had better retention for sitting pressure than others, hence the bleed down.

Also if you run your tank low all the time you very well can and eventually will burn up a fuel pump by over-heating it to often.
    Hail HHO.

Madscientist, you are right. That is how it works. Just for fun do you remember or have you seen a pump that stops with pressure. I will look for a picture but I doubt I will find one they are way to old. LOL I am talking 50's.

Quote Originally Posted by Madsceintist View Post
    Sodbuster;
    Yes you can control the pump and no it wont burn it up. Trust me when I say you'll need a good heat-sink and small durable fan as the pump pulls some amps and makes for a hot switch.
    Myoldyougrold;
    I'm sorry but as of yet I haven't seen even one pump that stops running or pressurizing when at or to a certain pressure. Any system that I have worked with, be it return(with an external regulator) or none return(without a external regulator) still has a return. Some having an internal spring pressure valve for release or an internally mounted regulator in the tank. One way or the other the system has a pressure regulator built in. So far the best I've seen is the flex fuel setup(single line, which has the regulator inside the pump assembly) !
    Basically I'm saying that if the engines running the pump is running constantly by design. Electric or mechanica

Hell even the oldies on mechanical pumps have a spring release to ease pressure to the carb. (such as the one in the 57 ford pictured)
    Hey Mad, could you please link me to a good heat sink that well be able to do the job? >>> question <<< is this what you are talking about =)==> http://www.hhoconnection.com/Hydro_F...S_PCU-150.html
    Green Fuel H20.. Dual "38" plate dry cells

Dual Batteries

Dual 50 amp current limiting PWM`s

Dual 6 quart reservoir`s

HHO Connection Mac Daddy Flashback arrestor

Dual HHO Connection Bobbler/arrestor

Green Fuel H20 Dual map sensor enhancer

Fuelsaver-mpg Digital DEFIE

30amp PWM fuel pump voltage controler

Mad you have never worked on a point based pump then of the type I am referring to. OK that really dates me. LOL It stops completely when bowel is full and when running pumps slowly at idle and speeds up as rpm and demand increases. Pain in the you know where to keep working with the points needing dressing and setting often or changing. Those were not the good old days. LOL Sodbuster try it and report back.

Sodbuster;
    Yes, similar but you can build or buy much cheaper. RADIO SHACK......

Myold;
    Your old . Just messing. I have around 30 cars of my own. So I do have and work on points and carbs. and anything mechanical. I've taking part in restoring(rebuilding) a 62 Jaguar, a 1933 Franklin, and several 50's,60's 70's and on cars trucks and equipment. I don't just replace parts that don't work, I take them apart to see why they don't then fix them ! Hell I'll pull a window switch apart clean the contacts and that's that. Most people now days will just put another in. Don't get me wrong if its broke and its a customers It gets a new one unless otherwise specified. But no as of yet I haven't seen a pump that stops while the engine is running.
    Hail HHO.

Mad... Thats the answer I was looking for after how many posts he he he he he >> thanks. I want control over the fuel pump and very pressure and increase HHO, I really think this is were MPG is going to shine.

My/old... Dude you working on Model T or what "lol" that dates yea fo sho
    yes sir them were the days when everything ran on real fuel ALCOHOL <<

Thanks guys keep them tips coming
    Green Fuel H20.. Dual "38" plate dry cells

Dual Batteries

Dual 50 amp current limiting PWM`s

Dual 6 quart reservoir`s

HHO Connection Mac Daddy Flashback arrestor

Dual HHO Connection Bobbler/arrestor

Green Fuel H20 Dual map sensor enhancer

Fuelsaver-mpg Digital DEFIE

30amp PWM fuel pump voltage controler