Thread: New Member - Probably old questions :)

New Member - Probably old questions :)

I have a 1990 Jeep Wrangler 4.2L w/auto transmission. It has a 2 barrel Motor Craft 2100 carburetor. Non essential emission controls have been removed. It’s a basic emission setup that passes my state’s requirements on that year vehicle.

I haven’t seen much info in my search on here using HHO with carburetors? Any disadvantages? Advantages? Tips?

Questions from my HHO research on here: (Remember, I’m new to this so bear with my ignorance. I’ll get better with your knowledge!)

1. What is the expected lifespan of a wet cell, or a dry cell, using 316L SS in the build? To “really” see the cost evaluation I need to do a life cycle cost analysis.

I haven’t found any threads on life cycle costs? That seems odd as that would be a important part of it's economical analysis? Don't get me wrong. I think it's a very, very, very, viable method. Now I just need to assure myself that it's also a viable investment.

2. Any advantage to using 317 SS in the build? Is it's higher electrical resistivity an advantage or disadvantage?

3. Wouldn’t using a PH measurement for adding electrolytes, rather than a “parts” volume measurement, be a better quality control for the electrolyte solution?

4. If the optimum electrolyte solution temperature for producing HHO is 110F, would thermostatically controlling the solutions temperature to the optimum level aid in the production of HHO? Or would that be a waste of time, cost, and effort?

5. Which is better for carburetor use, HHO or HH??

Thanks in advance for your input.
    Dan

I have a 1990 Jeep Wrangler 4.2L w/auto transmission. It has a 2 barrel Motor Craft 2100 carburetor. Non essential emission controls have been removed. It’s a basic emission setup that passes my state’s requirements on that year vehicle.

I haven’t seen much info in my search on here using HHO with carburetors? Any disadvantages? Advantages? Tips?

Questions from my HHO research on here: (Remember, I’m new to this so bear with my ignorance. I’ll get better with your knowledge!)

1. What is the expected lifespan of a wet cell, or a dry cell, using 316L SS in the build? To “really” see the cost evaluation I need to do a life cycle cost analysis.

I haven’t found any threads on life cycle costs? That seems odd as that would be a important part of it's economical analysis? Don't get me wrong. I think it's a very, very, very, viable method. Now I just need to assure myself that it's also a viable investment.

No one who keeps within the .5 amps per active area has seen any damaging deterioration in thousands of hours of running. Testing is still on going on media blasted material to see how long it takes or if it even does reduce the production over time. This is why there is nothing or very little posted about it. I suspect 316L or 317 will out live most of us. LOL

2. Any advantage to using 317 SS in the build? Is it's higher electrical resistivity an advantage or disadvantage?

I think you need to do some study on resistance and how to lower it. This is a complex question but basically the lower the resistance of the material the better, like more nickel exposed on the surface or in the composition. Cost and availability has to be factored in too.

3. Wouldn’t using a PH measurement for adding electrolytes, rather than a “parts” volume measurement, be a better quality control for the electrolyte solution?

PH is not a good method because our concentrations or so high. The most accurate way is with a thermometer and hydrometer.

4. If the optimum electrolyte solution temperature for producing HHO is 110F, would thermostatically controlling the solutions temperature to the optimum level aid in the production of HHO? Or would that be a waste of time, cost, and effort?

Besides cost heat is wasted energy that should have been used to split the water. Keeping the temperature down is what efficiency is about not masking it with some kind of cooling system. Minimum cooling by adding larger capacity reservoirs are more than enough. It is not so much the cooling as it is to keeping the temperature constant.

5. Which is better for carburetor use, HHO or HH??

HHO is better by a long shot. HH only has some benefit when you can not control the AFR or it is illegal to do so. HHO works on a ratio of fuel to HHO to Load. Of course timing has to play a major part too with numerous other things .

Thanks in advance for your input.
    Dan
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Thanks for the answers!! Greatly appreciated.

I'm a 20 year reclamation inventor. It seems I've been bitten by the HHO bug. The more I research and learn about hydrogen production, the larger the infection is growing in me..

In lieu of jumping in feet first and building a cell, I want to approach the issues I'm reading in here on the unsolved deterrents that affect production levels. Slow and steady has proven to never blow up my garage/shop.

thanks again