Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HHO in carburretor Vehicles

HHO in carburretor Vehicles

Hi All!

I am new to this forum but doing business of selling these kits through our online store for quite some time. I was wondering what shall be the suitable place to inject HHO in carburrettor as Hydrogen is lighter than air and may escape if not installed properly. I am waiting for some sincere advises here. Usually the vehicles involved are Suzuki and old Toyotas.
    Also
    what if we change the fuel jets or just lean the mixture from the knob behind the carburretor to improve gains achieved after injecting HHO units.

Regards

Sabre

Quote Originally Posted by sabretooth View Post
    Hi All!

I am new to this forum but doing business of selling these kits through our online store for quite some time. I was wondering what shall be the suitable place to inject HHO in carburrettor as Hydrogen is lighter than air and may escape if not installed properly. I am waiting for some sincere advises here. Usually the vehicles involved are Suzuki and old Toyotas.
    Also
    what if we change the fuel jets or just lean the mixture from the knob behind the carburretor to improve gains achieved after injecting HHO units.

Regards

Sabre
    You are selling HOD kits but don't have any idea how to install them to assist your buyer so they can benefit from them. MAAAAAANNN you need to get a hold of yourself. Carbs suck in air, why not find the means to pipe the gas close enough so when the engine start to suck in air it will also ingest the gas.

Oh by the way, you need to re-think the amount of gas per the engine displacement, "Less is more" from the new data.

Howdy sabretooth,

Im not the sharpest tool in the shed but I am a tool

I am also brand new to this HHO technology and right in the middle of bench testing my unit dilling it in. However I have lots of back ground with carbs and jetting/timing and some EFI mapping and such, but I am also always learning something new every day.

There are folks on this forum from what I have read that can answer just about anything you need to no and I'm sure they will chime in.

Jetting is all trial and many many errors, "jetting" depending on witch carb you have ....purchase as many small jets as you can afford and buy a good machinists drill index and a mic. Start out as small as possible to were your vehicle will barley run at all ....than start your experimenting, drill 00.2 at a time and work your way up. This is were the HHO guys will shine and LPM will play a huge part all the way through your power band and you also must pay very close attention to lean conditions and how to compensate for it.

Also pump gas and octane will also be a player, personally I cant stand pump gas and run alcohol when it is available in the form of E*85 and if you so decide running Alcohol than you throw everything you learned about pump gas and jetting right out the window. So for now unless you have played with alcohol stick with jetting with pump gas and than once you are dilled in than you can make the switch if you chose to do so..... best of luck to yea
    Green Fuel H20.. Dual "38" plate dry cells

Dual Batteries

Dual 50 amp current limiting PWM`s

Dual 6 quart reservoir`s

HHO Connection Mac Daddy Flashback arrestor

Dual HHO Connection Bobbler/arrestor

Green Fuel H20 Dual map sensor enhancer

Fuelsaver-mpg Digital DEFIE

30amp PWM fuel pump voltage controler

If you do not know what you are doing leaning a carburetor can be a challenge. There are a number of different types to deal with. Some are even computer controlled with an O2 sensor. I found on some by simply lowering the float level by a tiny amount got it lean enough for the amount of HHO I was injecting. The main problem with carburetors is that once you have it set you have to always run HHO. In electronic fuel injection you can just flip a switch and things can be back to stock. A carburetor will require you disassembling the carburetor and replacing parts to get back to stock. Not something you would want to do on the side of the road, if the HHO system failed on a trip.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by sabretooth View Post
    Hi All!

Also

Regards

Sabre
    Sabre,
    A small hole drilled in the air filter housing into which can be threaded a plastic hose barb fitting will work just fine. Preferably this hole should be on the dirty air side so that the air filter will catch any electrolyte mist that has not been cleaned from the HHO by the bubbler.

The HHO reactor should only be operational when the engine is running, and should be turned off about 2 minutes before the engine is turned off. This insures among other important things, that the HHO will be sucked into the engine and not fall into the sky.

If there is an adjustment on the carb for leaning and richening the mixture, then do so slowly, minimaly and with the assistance of the engine's specifications, tolerances and a method to measure exhaust gas temperatures. HHO supplemetation at the proper amount enables leaning the mixture somewhat while avoiding detonation. This can be extended farther by the addition of water mist injection. Personaly, I wouldn't re-jet unless a mixture adjustment screw or knob was not available. In that case I would follow user Sodbusters advice to you. The decimal point in the drill size increments Sodbuster told you about was accidentaly put in the wrong location- it should be .002", not 00.2".

Good luck, and keep your head down..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes sir .002 my mistake this is what happens posting first thing in the am with very little coffee
    Green Fuel H20.. Dual "38" plate dry cells

Dual Batteries

Dual 50 amp current limiting PWM`s

Dual 6 quart reservoir`s

HHO Connection Mac Daddy Flashback arrestor

Dual HHO Connection Bobbler/arrestor

Green Fuel H20 Dual map sensor enhancer

Fuelsaver-mpg Digital DEFIE

30amp PWM fuel pump voltage controler

Quote Originally Posted by Sodbuster View Post
    Yes sir .002 my mistake this is what happens posting first thing in the am with very little coffee
    Coffee- one of THE most important chemicals for proper brain function- when they do my autopsy, I'm almost positive my brain will be stained brown and smell like Maxwell House..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

carburators

Hi just finished installing my generator in my 72/56 willys truck.It's a 56 willys truck body on the frame of a 72 chev pu.I have kept the drive train from the 72 for convienence sake.So I have a carburated stait six cylinder.There are three metering systems within this carb.Idle,accelerator pump and the main jet.Not sure but think I may have to play with all three.I plan on filling the accelerator hole with jb weld and then making the passage smaller by fileing.The main jet inside I will fill also then drill a smaller hole or maybe I can get away with bending the metering rod down a bit not sure yet.These two things can be done with the carb on the truck but you do have to remove the top of the carb.The idle air mixture is on the outside so it's the eisiest.Anyway havn't had time to play with it yet but soon.I will keep you posted.Also I am introducing the hho at the base of the carb through a vacume port.Seems to work well.

Metering rods are made for some carbs with different tapers/sizes, but maybe not yours. Usually they are made to go the opposite way than we want to. I have in the past put the rod in a drill and used some fine sand paper to change both the tapper and the size. Some of the metering rods are adjustable so you can move them up or down. Like you said you have to take the top off to do any of this. Idle is the easiest for sure but unless you are injecting a lot of HHO does not take much if any difference.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

@koya 1893
    Thanks for the help and sarcasm , i appreciate it . we have converted almost 40 cars uptill now and carburretors are obsolete here in pk and thats why i asked the people here rather than experimenting with customers vehicles.