Thread: Building a pwm

Building a pwm

cant a simple pwm be built using a 555 timer and a mosfet? I was experimenting last year with this but ended up buying a chinese one. I am not happy with it. I feel it holds back too much even when it was se to wide open. I am going to start playing around again now that it is getting warmer. I believe there are people out there that know a lot more about this and it would be great if we could get their input. I havent seen much on this here so far but will continue looking.I am sorry if I missed any info on this .

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
    I was thinking about the same thing -building a simple PWM, and I got some good advice from the guys here. Actually, I had wanted to use an alternative means of control, like a rheostat, but after having the pros and cons listed, I came to the conclusion that that would not hold up for long.
    Anyway, someone DID mention a mosfet being used, so you are on the same track it seems.
    If I find any info, schematics, etc, I will let you know via this thread. Please keep us informed as well -thanks!

PWM option!!??

I have a set of plans which include the power module/ Pulse generator Curcuitry. I could do with a hand to read it.
    There seems to be a mass scepticism when it come to talking about HH0.
    I am new to this site and wish I had found it earlier.
    The only issue I have is to post it the file is to large but I can try to downsize it or put it up as a zipped file.
    If people aleady know of this schematics by all means tell me.
    I have a large blank curcuitry board which could be used to etch up a number of units. But thats all I have for now.
    Shall I post up the plans?

Please post it. I'm new here too.

The circuitry can't be too complicated.
    Wasilla, Alaska