Thread: Need some advise.

Need some advise.

this is my first cell. i would like to know what would be the best configuration? im using 9 plates +NNNNNNN-. spaced at around 1.2mm. i have another 5 plates to add if i have to. its getting around .300ml a minute right now at 15 amps.

Here are just a few suggestions. One is you must realize that a open bath reactor is inefficient because of huge amounts of current leakage. To help slow that down I would suggest you media blast the plates and put Weld-on 16 on all but the top edges and one corner of the bottom, in effect sealing it up with the top being the exit port and the bottom corner being the input port. This will get closer to being a sealed series flow through reactor. At 1.7 volts per cell/pair you will not have as much production as 1.97 volts (one less plate). This is based on a 13.8 volt input. I have found that open bath reactors running 8 cells do produce less heat per amp but the volume suffers and electrolytes have to be on the high side of concentration compared to 6 or 7 cells.

Are you going to put this in a vehicle or is this just an experiment? There are a number of other things you can do but need to know how you plan to use this reactor before I get into them. By doing everything you can, will still not be as efficient as a sealed series flow through reactor.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

it will be for a vehicle. i changed the plates around plus added the extra ones.+NNNNN--NNNNN+ its producing double from what it was before.

these look like SS switch plate covers. I used some to make my first HHO unit but the steel was such low quality that it produced a bunch of toxic sludge and quickly broke down.and that was as a dry cell! you have a wet cell. You'd be better off working on a dry cell for too many reasons to list

for my first one. i just wanted to go cheap.

If you want to improve it more then flatten out the top edge. This will allow the gas to escape easier allowing more to be formed. Cut the top corners and then flatten the top edge in a press. Use Weldon 16 on the edges as I suggested above. That will be about all you can do with that design other than media blasting which you will at least need to do on the edges so the Weldon will stick.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

with your suggestions. i am now getting. 600ml in 50 seconds. at 14amps

Yep, myoldyourgold knows his stuff! There are many knowledgeable people here.

I was wondering if you could not just convert those same plates to a dry cell by putting some 1/8" rubber gasket material between the plates and properly routing the water and gas through the ports.

Funny thing is that you might be producing enough for your vehicle already -even if it is not being done that efficiently.

Let us know what happens!