Thread: Building a dry cell.

Building a dry cell.

using 5" round plates. spaced 1/16" apart. will have 12 plates available can get more if i need to. what would be the best layout? will be for a vehicle.

Why round PLATES?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

"Why round plates?"

Good question -I was wondering why as well.

Hey, for a quick lesson on dry cell design, check out HHOCONNECTION on youtube. Lots of solid, quick pointers.

got them cheap. and im wanting to use o-rings for gaskets. also got some round acrylic ends.

Okay, I see the reasoning behind that. As long as you are not rounding up some square or rectangular plates then let's see where you can go with this setup.
    Btw...you check those vidoes out yet?

Okay, I see the reasoning behind that. As long as you are not rounding up some square or rectangular plates then let's see where you can go with this setup.
    Btw...you check those videos out yet?

youll need to calculate the LPM and assume temp issues and voltage, etc you want to achieve. Do more research before you ask super vague questions like this

Quote Originally Posted by aceras624 View Post
    youll need to calculate the LPM and assume temp issues and voltage, etc you want to achieve. Do more research before you ask super vague questions like this
    i guess if i knew how to do all that. i wouldnt of ask the question.

Bulldogg, I must inform you of the fact that round reactors are by design inefficient, and O rings are known to leak. It is also very hard to keep the gap even which creates hot spots using O rings. If you just want to put together a test reactor and got things very cheap then go for it but thought you should know what experience others have had before you spend a lot of time or money.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Instead of the O-Rings, you could get 1/8" Rubber Gasket Material from your Industrial Supplies store. Cut it to fit your needs, with at least a 1/2" diam. and you should be in business.
    I have also heard that the spacing between holding bolts going around the reactor should not be more than 2" to prevent leakage.

Btw...Using this material as washers can actually allow you to test efficiency by making one set round, and the other set of washers square on the inside.
    Check gas output and calc mmw at the same amp reading on both, then let us know what you got.