Hi,
I am new here, and have been reading some of the posts, and looking at some of the video links.

About my experience; I built a wet cell, seven plates, in a culligan water filter container. My layout was + - + - + - + - +. After reading posts, and looking at videos, I realize that this arrangement will overheat, and that I should go with 5 neutral plates between the one posative and the one negative plate, to get closer to the aproximate 2 volt, plate-to-plate, configuration to release hydrogen from the water, drawing less current and keeping the unit cooler.

I am willing to try this, but I am seeing a lot of videos about "dry" cells.
I know nothing about them and would like to know a lot more.

What are the benefits of dry over wet?

Does "dry" actuially mean there is no sollution (water and electrolyte)?
The views of the dry cells I have seen look like the unit have a front and a back plate, but no sides.

If this is a dumb question, please point me in the direction to learn more.

As my forum name implies, I have a 1996 Toyota Tercel, and I have no problem using it as a testing platform. I currently get 36 MPG city and 41 highway, with no mods at all. All factory set-up.

Once I can get, and sustain, a working HHO generator, I plan to put one in my 2009 Hyundai Tucson and my 2012 VW Passat.

Thanks for this forum and all the information I have already gathered, and the info I will get in the future.

Em